JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I caught myself contemplating grabbing one or two of them, especially considering the surprisingly low number of unfavorable reviews.

Any of you guys have any experience with them? The only real issues I've seen are what some feel to be excessive safeties and cracks in the slide or magwell if HV ammo is used, which the owners manual suggests against anyhow.

No experience with the .22LR model, but I had the .25 ACP (6.35㎜) variant back in the late 1990s. It was easily one of the biggest pieces of crap I ever had the displeasure of owning. It was totally unreliable and broke after a few magazines worth of shooting. It was fixed, but I traded it when buying a Glock. In terms of garbage gun, it was only bested by the Jennings my father owned that, quite literally, self-destructed when I was shooting it on box number one of ammo.

Good to know. I had read that the older (pre-2000s) HP22a and HP25A both had plenty of issues. It seems like some of that has been alleviated, but who knows how many of these reviews are done by paid shills?

I am not entirely sure. I had a friend, who moved to Colorado, who found his late-90s HP22 a great pistola. I don't doubt his experience. However, the particular piece I had was a piece of, eh, of work. Is that indicative of them all? No idea. Once bitten, twice shy type of thing. Best of wishes with your research. :)

If you want a semi auto .22 in this 'class' try to find a Bersa 644 - great gun if you can find one. Mine is literally glass smooth with excellent fit and finish and shoots excellently.

My brother had one that had thousands of rounds through it. Convinced me to get one myself. Shot the crap out of that one too. Just recently the firing ping spring wore out and I haven't been able to get the screw out that holds it in. If I manage to accomplish that, I will for sure put a new spring and firing pin in. After disabling the lower safety, It's been a fun little pistol. Just don't run high velocity ammo and you should be ok. Certainly have gotten my $150 out of it!

I've been impressed with Bersa, definitely on the higher end of the cheap scale IMO.
I ain't talking about the new ones - mine is a late 80's vintage all steel one - but the new ones are pretty nice - not bad thought even though they are alloy framed.
Mine:
446838-50f08aa23f140c39328ebe4a4a582301.jpg
New:
Bersa-L.jpg

Last Edited:
I'll poke around some more. Mainly a curiosity due to price and amount of favorable reviews. Seems like an interesting 100 dollar experiment.
Probably picking up a heritage .22 revolver today.

FYI I got my pistol running again. Finally got the retainer out. The firing pin, spring and channel were SO gummed up. Cleaned it all up, put it back together, and we' Back in biness! No new parts needed. Not trying to say it's a well made gun, in fact it's mostly a pita to put back together after cleaning, but it has been a fun little shooter out on the range, and that's the only trouble i've had after hundreds and hundreds on rounds. Maybe my brother and I got the only two good ones ever made;)

I'll poke around some more. Mainly a curiosity due to price and amount of favorable reviews. Seems like an interesting 100 dollar experiment.
Probably picking up a heritage .22 revolver today.
Go ahead and get the Heritage. Get the convertible model .22lr/.22 magnum. I don't think you'all be disappointed.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top