Persian Mauser - SOLD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions
For sale or trade is a Persian Mauser made in 1930. This is a Samco Import and the exposed surfaces of the barrel and receiver are not blued. It shoots 8mm Mauser.

Other than the bluing, the rifle is in mint condition and completely cleaned. The stock has a few dings in it, but is solid with no cracks or splits. The finish was very poor, so i removed it (no sanding) re-oiled it and waxed it. The bore is like a mirror. The receiver, bolt, and stock numbers do not match.

Included is a new leather sling and the bayonet and sheath.

Price is $350 for the rifle, sling, and bayonet. I will ship to a current FFL but that's an extra $25.

If you want the rifle only, it's $300.

Last edited:
OP
Ballistic
Reactions
Looks like an interesting piece. Any history on it? Looks like it could be a parade/ceremony gun?
My understanding is that these rifles were stored in cosmoline for a long time in Iran. Recently, they were taken out of storage and cleaned up for sale and export. Someone decided to use a solvent to speed up the process of removing the cosmoline. The solvent they used stripped the blue off the gun and ate into the finish on the stock. Other than that, most are in excellent condition. They just need a big-time clean up job.

OP
Ballistic
Reactions
Yes, this is the 98/22 with the 29 inch barrel. I have never heard of "Bron." However, the center for building rifles in Czechoslovakia was Brünn, which the Czech call Brno in their language. The date of manufacture is stamped 1309, which translates in our calendar as about 1930.

Reactions
FYI, Persian Mausers of the type in this thread were produced in the white, meaning the bolt, barrel and receiver were never blued. They are also considered to be, of all the variants of Model 98 Mausers, perhaps one of, if not the highest quality in fit and finish and accuracy. As military Mausers go the Persian Mausers are top of the food chain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Lead Farm Precision Rifle Match
The Lead Farm
34006 Gwinn Rd, Prosser, WA 99350, USA
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
  • Umpqua Survival
    4.00 star(s)
    Easy NFA transfer
    I had a silencer transferred through their shop. The paperwork was quick and the staff helpful and friendly. Whilst waiting, I did see a nice...
  • MK Tactical
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome staff
    Being new to the area and having just made an online purchase of an AR lower, I opted to use MK Tactical as my FFL, without knowing anything about...
  • J&B Firearm Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Good local shop
    Picked up a rifle yesterday from J&B. This was the second or third gun purchase over the last few years from them. I always enjoy stopping by...
  • H&K Gun Shop
    5.00 star(s)
    The only place I have found 9mm in stock
    I’ll admit I didn’t even know this place existed, as I don’t tend to go into Forest Grove often. But it’s a giant (looks bigger from the...
Top Bottom