JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
For sale or trade is a Persian Mauser made in 1930. This is a Samco Import and the exposed surfaces of the barrel and receiver are not blued. It shoots 8mm Mauser.

Other than the bluing, the rifle is in mint condition and completely cleaned. The stock has a few dings in it, but is solid with no cracks or splits. The finish was very poor, so i removed it (no sanding) re-oiled it and waxed it. The bore is like a mirror. The receiver, bolt, and stock numbers do not match.

Included is a new leather sling and the bayonet and sheath.

Price is $350 for the rifle, sling, and bayonet. I will ship to a current FFL but that's an extra $25.

If you want the rifle only, it's $300.

Last Edited:
Looks like an interesting piece. Any history on it? Looks like it could be a parade/ceremony gun?

My understanding is that these rifles were stored in cosmoline for a long time in Iran. Recently, they were taken out of storage and cleaned up for sale and export. Someone decided to use a solvent to speed up the process of removing the cosmoline. The solvent they used stripped the blue off the gun and ate into the finish on the stock. Other than that, most are in excellent condition. They just need a big-time clean up job.

Yes, this is the 98/22 with the 29 inch barrel. I have never heard of "Bron." However, the center for building rifles in Czechoslovakia was Brünn, which the Czech call Brno in their language. The date of manufacture is stamped 1309, which translates in our calendar as about 1930.

I have an ad for a 1917 US .30-06 Sporter (early 50's conversion) Winchester made.
$300.00
check it out
Todd
"airgunner"
thx
503 267 2646 cell/text

FYI, Persian Mausers of the type in this thread were produced in the white, meaning the bolt, barrel and receiver were never blued. They are also considered to be, of all the variants of Model 98 Mausers, perhaps one of, if not the highest quality in fit and finish and accuracy. As military Mausers go the Persian Mausers are top of the food chain.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.