JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Remington
Caliber
Other / Not Listed
City
Tigard
State
Oregon
I recently was gifted a black powder revolver, was plenty excited to shoot it, BUT I can't seem to find percussion caps anywhere I look. If anyone has some laying around or is willing to part with 100 or so, I'd happily pay full price or trade ammo for them. Let me know what you have and what you'd like in exchange. I'm looking for Remington #10s or cci 209s. This is what I was told to look for. Also if anyone has seen any at a storefront that would be helpful to. Thanks in advance!

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
I ordered some thru Sportsman's and it only took a couple of days to come in...
Online they show only one kind which is out of stock and not the kind he needs. I talked to local sportsman's and he said he hasn't seen any for many years. All other places like bi mart the same. I've been looking for over a year for the same ones and have never found any. I've given up on black powder due to this. People hoard the caps the second they come out and supply is tiny.

My advice to OP is see if your revolver has a conversion cylinder available. If it's brass framed it probably won't work but steel frame you have a shot. Check Taylor's and company and there are other brands out there also but not on their site. Mine works great with 45LC ammo that is less than 850 fps.

Also be aware that any shop that shows them in stock is likely to be a scam. So check to make sure its not a scam site before ordering. Fe Montana gun shop shows them in stock, but:

AD85B66A-184B-4CC3-BFF1-FB0A86A4B1DC.jpeg

Last Edited:
I ordered some thru Sportsman's and it only took a couple of days to come in...
Sportsman's website does say they are in stock but they won't ship them and the only stores that have them are out of state and over 5 hours to drive so it's not really doable for me.

Online they show only one kind which is out of stock and not the kind he needs. I talked to local sportsman's and he said he hasn't seen any for many years. All other places like bi mart the same. I've been looking for over a year for the same ones and have never found any. I've given up on black powder due to this. People hoard the caps the second they come out and supply is tiny.

My advice to OP is see if your revolver has a conversion cylinder available. If it's brass framed it probably won't work but steel frame you have a shot. Check Taylor's and company and there are other brands out there also but not on their site. Mine works great with 45LC ammo that is less than 850 fps.

Also be aware that any shop that shows them in stock is likely to be a scam. So check to make sure its not a scam site before ordering. Fe Montana gun shop shows them in stock, but:

View attachment 1430327
This is what I'm starting to discover.I'll look into cartdtidge conversion at some point since finding caps has been damn near impossible. Thanks for your help. That being said, I'd anyone finds any or is willing to part with a few I'm definitely willing to buy them/trade for them.

This is what I'm starting to discover.I'll look into cartdtidge conversion at some point since finding caps has been damn near impossible. Thanks for your help. That being said, I'd anyone finds any or is willing to part with a few I'm definitely willing to buy them/trade for them.
FYI they do also have make it yourself kits that use aluminum from pop cans. I was never willing to go that far but it's an option I suppose. Hopefully someone will have some to sell you.

Hmm I don't remember exactly but they are reasonably priced. Make sure to call him first before you head out since it is a one man shop out of his garage. But he has everything for muzzleloading and is my go to.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.