JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
a bg at 21 ft. can be on you in about 1.5 seconds if you can draw rack the slide and get the gun on target in less time carry your gun with a empty chamber. oyea you also have to hope the bg will give you that much distance to perpair yourself othewise one in the chamber also hope you have use of both hands otherwise make sure you practice 1 handed racking (make sure the gun is empty when practicing this)

Please note that we still don't have a single nationally recognized instructor recommending that people carry with an empty chamber.

That being said, everyone MUST carry at the level of confidence they have in both themselves, and their weapon system. If anyone is not confident, comfortable, or safe with a loaded chamber, then by all means go with the second choice (my second choice, most instructors second choice, someone else's first probably).

Please note that we still don't have a single nationally recognized instructor recommending that people carry with an empty chamber.

That being said, everyone MUST carry at the level of confidence they have in both themselves, and their weapon system. If anyone is not confident, comfortable, or safe with a loaded chamber, then by all means go with the second choice (my second choice, most instructors second choice, someone else's first probably).

Such people would be better off not carrying at all

One in the chamber. I pocket carry my daily carry, a kel-tec pf9.
Should the situation arise, I am able to get off one shot from inside the pocket with sufficient accuracy at close range.
If I am in an uncomfortable situation, where I may feel a threat, I can have my hand in my pocket, on my gun, ready to draw and/or fire without making it obvious.
Not only does this leave the element of surprise, but if I'm ever in a situation where I am physically unable to draw my gun (close quarters, my arms restrained, etc), I am able to get off a shot without having to draw entirely.
Also since I carry it behind my wallet to prevent printing, if someone was to try to rob me and ask for my wallet, after say seeing me at an atm or make a purchase at a store or something. It is as easy as reaching in to grab my wallet as they are asking, but instead drawing my gun.
None of this would be worth a damn if I did not carry one in the chamber.

I can't even wrap my mind around the thought of carrying a gun that in the heat of the moment would need to be "prepared" to be functional. If you don't feel safe enough to carry a firearm with a round in the chamber than please do me, my family, and my friends or anyone else who might ever be near you a favor and just don't carry!

Get a can of mace, or a rape whistle - guns are not for you!

Chambering a round is not intended to be one of the steps in producing your weapon and if you think you found the magic way to make it be, you're doing something wrong and will get yourself, or more importantly and innocent bystander hurt if you ever had to try in real life.

I can't stress enough, if you aren't confident in your ability to carry a gun correctly, or aren't trained enough, or don't have enough faith in your equipment - public streets are not the place to learn!

I can't even wrap my mind around the thought of carrying a gun that in the heat of the moment would need to be "prepared" to be functional. If you don't feel safe enough to carry a firearm with a round in the chamber than please do me, my family, and my friends or anyone else who might ever be near you a favor and just don't carry!

Get a can of mace, or a rape whistle - guns are not for you!

Chambering a round is not intended to be one of the steps in producing your weapon and if you think you found the magic way to make it be, you're doing something wrong and will get yourself, or more importantly and innocent bystander hurt if you ever had to try in real life.

I can't stress enough, if you aren't confident in your ability to carry a gun correctly, or aren't trained enough, or don't have enough faith in your equipment - public streets are not the place to learn!

AMEN BROTHER!!! Gimme an Amen!

When I first started carrying daily, for about a month I didn't have a round in the pipe on my XDm out of nervousness. After that month, and seeing every night when I took it off, the striker indicator still cocked (hadn't been inadvertently triggered) I realized how dumb I was being- and now it's got one in the chamber unless I'm cleaning it, in which case the ammo is in a different room...

While keeping a blade from causing you to leak bodily fluids with your left hand,is not a good time to practice one handed chambering!!!
Might as well carry a dull knife,and sharpen it when you need it.

fullsize11.jpg

Keeping the slide in one sock,the frame in the other,one pocket holding an assortment of cartridges,the other 2 empty magazines,prevents accidental assembly
and allows me to load the ammunition appropriate to the threat at hand.

New to carrying. Once I am 100% confident/comfortable with a particular firearm and holster - then chambered. Until then, new pistol, odd holster, etc - not chambered.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top