JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wasn't too sure where to post this, but I was wanting to try getting a Glock 19 slide milled for an RMR. Wanting to avoid shipping it out so I was curious if anyone knew of a local smith/machinist that offered this service and what they charged.

Or do most people feel like just buying an aftermarket slide is the better option to go? Any recommendations in that direction?

Wasn't too sure where to post this, but I was wanting to try getting a Glock 19 slide milled for an RMR. Wanting to avoid shipping it out so I was curious if anyone knew of a local smith/machinist that offered this service and what they charged.

Or do most people feel like just buying an aftermarket slide is the better option to go? Any recommendations in that direction?
Ever find anyone?

Ever find anyone?

Well I guess my FFL (a machinist) very briefly offered the service a few years back, but has since stopped.. nowadays, there's just so many companies doing it as their sole business model and on a larger, more economic scale. Hard to compete if that's not your primary focus.

I ended up just mailing mine off to get the work done. Plenty of solid companies to choose from but I went with Jagerwerks solely because they had a good special running at the time. Had it cut for a 507C and re-nitrided.

Aside from the long wait (nitride option added 2-3 weeks) and my front sight working loose on the first 350ish round range outing, I have no complaints. They'd installed my Ameriglo suppy heights for free, so that's hardly worth a complaint. Drop of loctite fixed the front sight and I've put at least a couple cases through the pistol by now without any further hiccups.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top