JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
^^^

Fake Book wanted to do this and I do not know if they started it or not. (I don't have Fake Book, Twitter, Insta whatever, etc.)

Cate

The wife and I began paying almost exclusively in cash several years ago.
It's amazing how much more money we have these days.

In addition to the increased privacy and decreased cyber threats, we find that we simply purchase far less when we are pulling the money out our wallets vs using a credit card. :rolleyes:

Funny that.... I recently purchased several hundred dollars worth of work clothing at Duluth Trading Company.... now I get Duluth Trading Company ads piped in on my "Smart" TV's on YouTube.....

Good thing I like the humor in those ads!

Too late.

The gov and Amazon and Google and Visa and banks already know that I have the SIGness, thousands of rounds of ammo and every gun I have bought since the BGC law went into effect.

They also know I am a prepper and have "dangerous" ideas about Liberty and rights and government power.

They also know where I live because I am a landowner.

I fight back the only way I know how, by slowly switching away from Google products.

If it wasn't for my cell phone I'd be there mostly by the end of the year. I say mostly because the alternatives still have tracking cookies from Google and share information. If there was an alternative to Android and iPhones I would use it.

I stopped using most social media years ago, this is my social media. :)

I'm waiting for the day when not using social media platforms gets you in trouble.

if you have a smart phone, and a google account, go here and see everywhere you've been for the past few years, assuming you never turned your location data collection off.

www.google.com/maps/timeline

I was just poking around in mine, and my phone knows I went to a cut above pawn on friday feb 8th, 2018 from 11:49 to 12:08, just enough to do a transfer.

if you have a smart phone, and a google account, go here and see everywhere you've been for the past few years, assuming you never turned your location data collection off.

www.google.com/maps/timeline

I was just poking around in mine, and my phone knows I went to a cut above pawn on friday feb 8th, 2018 from 11:49 to 12:08, just enough to do a transfer.

I almost never turn my location services on, much less the history. I have no need to do that - only rarely

That does it, I am wearing a Richard Nixon mask anytime I go out in public... I guess I'll need to wear it in the house too since my computer, my phone, my TV are all spying on me. I am going to hold off on going digital for the commode, I still prefer good old analog for the analogs.

Tracking is bridging the gaps with your Computer, phone, Car, Bank, any security cameras, make that any camera tied into the internet or wifi etc, your tv, video games, appliances... Then their are the unknown data feeds.

Much of that data is then sold to the highest bidder. Facial recognition is becoming ubiquitous and pretty much all is operational on A.I. People aren't spying on you, A.I. is. God help us.

Eh, if you can pay with a card, there are advantages.

Fraud protection. If money is stolen, it's not my problem. I get a new card and CC eats the theft.
Online shopping. FAR FAR FAR better deals generally than retail stores. You can shop, compare, read reviews, and look at dozens of national distributors for the best price in a short time, versus just a few local stores. And no costs/time for going to a store. (I bought thousands of dollars of stuff this month, and the majority online and I saved hundreds of dollars doing it.)
Building credit, which let's face it everyone needs.
Emergency funds.
Ads can be blocked or ignored. Junk mail is annoying but can be thrown out instantly. Simple. Just like driving down a business district and you ignore billboards and signage. Ignore it and move on. Relevant ads can save big $$$$.

CCs offer free money if you are savvy. I'm getting 1% back on my purchases which is free money. You can get miles, and other stuff.

Yes, cash is king and works well. Just paid cash for a car. But there is a place for CCs and online shopping.

To clarify the above, it's a mixed bag. I'm sorta concerned about facial recognition, tracking, etc. OTOH, much of participation is voluntary (i.e. this site, social media, etc.). You can go live in a cave, barter for your items at garage sales, etc. That's an option.

Yes, we are tracked for consumer purchases, etc. It's troublesome, but also has some advantages. Same with government "watching." Overall, probably bad. Some good. Who knows what the future holds.

Funny that.... I recently purchased several hundred dollars worth of work clothing at Duluth Trading Company.... now I get Duluth Trading Company ads piped in on my "Smart" TV's on YouTube.....

Good thing I like the humor in those ads!
Make sure to keep your shirt on. Spending habits may not be the only thing they are watching!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top