JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So, my back is kind of against the wall and I've had an emergency come up that is requiring me to sell a few pistols. Obviously it would be best if I could sell them to a private party, but unfortunately time is of the essence and I don't know if I can find a buyer as soon as I would need to in order to buy plane tickets.
So, are you more likely to get a better offer from a pawnshop or a gun store? Is there any place that any members can recommend? I'm even considering Cabela's this point and that's quite a drive.

Thank you and advance for any help that you were able to offer. And I hope that I posted this in direct location

Either is not going to go well for you.

If you could throw them up on here you just might have something someone wants and you may have cash tonight.

Just a thought.

Most gun stores pay about 60% of a guns value in my experience. Some where in that ball park. I would mark them down a little and put them on here if they are desirable. They should sell pretty fast.

Either is not going to go well for you.

If you could throw them up on here you just might have something someone wants and you may have cash tonight.

Just a thought.
This ^^^

Maybe now is a good time to go to Cabela's and apply for a Cabela's Club Visa.
You apply and get approved (hopefully) right there on the spot.
They make your card right there as well.

Then go do your pressing business and re-group when you get back.
Traveling without a CC these days....what a giant PITA that would be .
Can you even buy a plane ticket with cash ?

Last Edited:
Sigsauer P320 compact bi tone with FDE grip Chambered in 40 Cal (comes with a SIG range bag, kydex holster, night sights, extras) would like $500 in a perfect world for the sig.
Beretta PX4 9mm full size; has trijicon night sights and extra mags/ leather holster. Low round count.
And a Walther PPS M2 9mm comes with three mags and a holster. LNIB; only been test fired.
All have low round counts and I take care of my guns. Would like $400 on the others, but I'm open to offers.

This ^^^

Maybe now is a good time to go to Cabela's and apply for a Cabela's Club Visa.
You apply and get approved (hopefully) right there on the spot.
They make your card right there as well.

Then go do your pressing business and re-group when you get back.
Traveling without a CC these days....what a giant PITA that would be .
Can you even buy a plane ticket with cash ?
I have a credit card, but I can't use it because I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage.

Sigsauer P320 compact bi tone with FDE grip Chambered in 40 Cal (comes with a SIG range bag, kydex holster, night sights, extras) would like $500 in a perfect world for the sig.
Beretta PX4 9mm full size; has trijicon night sights and extra mags/ leather holster. Low round count.
And a Walther PPS M2 9mm comes with three mags and a holster. LNIB; only been test fired.
All have low round counts and I take care of my guns. Would like $400 on the others, but I'm open to offers.

Yeah post that on the Handgun Classifieds board as well, and good luck with your sales.

I have a credit card, but I can't use it because I'm in the process of applying for a mortgage.

In general, opening up a new credit card account could possibly cause a damage to your mortgage profile, but using the line of credit that is already established doesn't really hurt as long as your credit utilization rate is conservatively low like below 15%. Also, you can pay the bill off before the next billing cycle so that it won't even leave a record in your credit history at all.

In general, opening up a new credit card account could possibly cause a damage to your mortgage profile, but using the line of credit that is already established doesn't really hurt as long as your credit utilization rate is conservatively low like below 15%. Also, you can pay the bill off before the next billing cycle so that it won't even leave a record in your credit history at all.
This ^^^

I agree with most everything above but to answer your question I would say the pawns shops will give way less than a regular gun shop. They always have desperate folks come in and will take pennies on the dollars to get the cash they need.
But I don't know the shop's in pdx.
Good luck with this and your new house

I have a friend whose wife gets them into money problems from time to time.
She doesn't tell him until the chit hits the fan, so I "buy" some of his guns, only to sell them back when he afford them.
So ask your shooting friends...
:D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews