Parkerizing in OR?

Reactions
Just picked up a Johnson and the bluing is pretty worn in certain areas, so I'd like to get it parked like they came from the factory. Does anybody in Oregon do parkerizing? Google hasn't been much help. Thanks! 20190323_102510.jpg

Flymph

Reactions
Don't see those too often!
Very cool!

My pops promised to show me how to do that one of these days!
I'd probably leave it unless it looks any worse in person than in the picture.

OP
Oregunian
Reactions
Don't see those too often!
Very cool!

My pops promised to show me how to do that one of these days!
I'd probably leave it unless it looks any worse in person than in the picture.
Yeah, the phone camera didn't capture it to good. The bluing is about 20% on the upper handguard and magazine, and it's pretty worn on the raised parts of the receiver. But the metal is in very nice shape and they came parked from the factory instead of blued, like a lot of military rifles in the 40s.

Flymph

Reactions
Yeah, the phone camera didn't capture it to good. The bluing is about 20% on the upper handguard and magazine, and it's pretty worn on the raised parts of the receiver. But the metal is in very nice shape and they came parked from the factory instead of blued, like a lot of military rifles in the 40s.
Sounds like a good restore to original condition! I look forward to seeing the finished product! :)

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom