JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just picked up a Johnson and the bluing is pretty worn in certain areas, so I'd like to get it parked like they came from the factory. Does anybody in Oregon do parkerizing? Google hasn't been much help. Thanks! 20190323_102510.jpg

If you just need a touch up or something temporary, there's spray on. I used to use it in my arms room. It was good for inspections and seemed to last a while, even in the field. It's come a long way since then though and there's several options out there. Not for the purists out there but it works.
DuraPark™ Spray-On Parkerizing Replicator

Don't see those too often!
Very cool!

My pops promised to show me how to do that one of these days!
I'd probably leave it unless it looks any worse in person than in the picture.

Don't see those too often!
Very cool!

My pops promised to show me how to do that one of these days!
I'd probably leave it unless it looks any worse in person than in the picture.

Yeah, the phone camera didn't capture it to good. The bluing is about 20% on the upper handguard and magazine, and it's pretty worn on the raised parts of the receiver. But the metal is in very nice shape and they came parked from the factory instead of blued, like a lot of military rifles in the 40s.

Yeah, the phone camera didn't capture it to good. The bluing is about 20% on the upper handguard and magazine, and it's pretty worn on the raised parts of the receiver. But the metal is in very nice shape and they came parked from the factory instead of blued, like a lot of military rifles in the 40s.
Sounds like a good restore to original condition! I look forward to seeing the finished product! :)

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top