JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I think I have settled on a design for making a sling for my shotgun.

Was curios if anyone else has made or uses these types of slings.

**I do not consider my sling to be 'emergency cordage', that's why I keep a lot of it in my bag. Then I would have to carry the shotgun by hand, defeating the purpose of spending a couple hours making oneo_O.

I actually wanted a green inner layer with a grey outer, so I have 100' of each already and the swivels from when I first wanted to make one of these a few years ago.

Check out the beginning and end if you don't want a to watch a step by step DIY video;).

I admit, I didn't watch the video. I kinda gave up on paracord stuff. The bracelets got dirty fast and the clasps broke. I keep a roll in my bag, but that's about it. Back to standard single points for me.

I admit, I didn't watch the video. I kinda gave up on paracord stuff. The bracelets got dirty fast and the clasps broke. I keep a roll in my bag, but that's about it. Back to standard single points for me.

I can see that, the bracelet thing got old fast.

I still have a few simple ones I use for zipper pulls.

And the dragon fly I made for my wife's key ring was a hit.

I have just had the stuff laying around for a couple years but maybe a simple webbing sling would be more practical and easier to clean.

Hey, if it's a project you're into go for it! Show us some completed photos of it! I just kinda gave up and went back to traditional webbing. Just me talking, brother!

Hey, if it's a project you're into go for it! Show us some completed photos of it! I just kinda gave up and went back to traditional webbing. Just me talking, brother!

I hear ya man;).

Just looked at Amazon and I'm trying to figure out if a few hours of labor is better then $13 and free 2 day shipping :D.

I do have the stuff and can get it in the color and pattern if I do myself though.

Was just curious if anyone else actually uses these slings and how well they hold up.

I'd be super scared of that thing getting hung up on stuff.
The only paracord slings I've heard of were a single, unbraided length of it on M16's in Nam.. it was light and the thinness bit into the shoulder so it didn't slide off.
I just make my own slings with webbing/strap that I get from Andy and Bax in Portland.

Was just curious if anyone else actually uses these slings and how well they hold up.
unsure, as none of the stuff I cobbled together survived my rigorous field-trials stage....ie, it didn't make it back from the first outing; I suspect the application of my *nearly-patented* 10 left thumbs technique somehow compromised the basic design resilience.

I have some nice double cobra weaves and some others that I've made for some of my guns.. not so much to have a sling I made but when you make a sling that uses 200'+ of true 550 cord... you have a lot of emergency rope.

I looked for a photo.. no such luck.. I'd have to take one...

Depending on the weave, 100' doesn't go as far as you'd think..... first hand experience talking.

I have some nice double cobra weaves and some others that I've made for some of my guns.. not so much to have a sling I made but when you make a sling that uses 200'+ of true 550 cord... you have a lot of emergency rope.

I looked for a photo.. no such luck.. I'd have to take one...

Depending on the weave, 100' doesn't go as far as you'd think..... first hand experience talking.

Was looking at a triple weave over a double cobra.

I carry a lot of paracord anyway but more is never worse;)

So maybe I don't remember what weave I did... it sure looks good though.

IMG_3979.JPG

There is 200' of paracord. 100' per color.

This barely reaches for a compact rifle. If I made another I'd probably need 150' of each color or maybe even 175' to make it more useful.

So maybe I don't remember what weave I did... it sure looks good though.

View attachment 392161

There is 200' of paracord. 100' per color.

This barely reaches for a compact rifle. If I made another I'd probably need 150' of each color or maybe even 175' to make it more useful.

So... you're implying you wove approximately 200' of uselessness? o_O

:D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class