JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
grab a room at the Royal Motor Inn

That's some High Class digs right there! :D

You could be my brother man!

The Baritone in my quartet was a personality conflict for me, we used to bicker. During my period of depression I would often lose my temper. After one argument, I arranged a mtg with him at Denny's... we talked honestly and it turned out we were both kinda the same. He told my I could be his brother... we no longer are speaking... :eek::oops:;):p:D

dinner at the Mexican or Asian place

Let's see, we got La Fiesta, Mamacita's (good, but kinda expensive for Mex food), Cinco de Mayo (best Camarones en Mojo de Ajo), and El Erraderro (best chicken taco salad). Which? And we have Moy's, Golden Crown, and used to have Golden Harvest as well as a Chinese Buffet on the strip. The buffet wasn't great, but Dad and I used to go there at least once a month... I miss it.
McDee's used to be a regular place. Loved it from first bite in SoCal before they even came to Utah. Still Woof out on my favorite, Big Mac, from time to time. McDee's, and others put an end to the "drive In's". Now I'd rather have the drive ins back.

When I was a kid growing up in Pomona, we had a drive-in burger joint on one of the main intersections in town. They made a classic burger with all the fixins and a steak sandwich that was my fav. McDonald's came into town with their $.15 burgers, which I really didn't care for at the time, and drove them out of biz. Later on, when I was raising my ex's kids and was in a period of unemployment, McD put burgers on sale for $0.10 a burger... fed the family for a buck. That was pretty cool.

Did you ever watch the movie about Ray Kroc? He was a real jerk!!!

Last Edited:
That's some High Class digs right there! :D

The Baritone in my quartet was a personality conflict for me, we used to bicker. During my period of depression I would often lose my temper. After one argument, I arranged a mtg with him at Denny's... we talked honestly and it turned out we were both kinda the same. He told my I could be his brother... we no longer are speaking... :eek::oops:;):p:D

Let's see, we got La Fiesta, Mamacita's (good, but kinda expensive for Mex food), Cinco de Mayo (best Camarones en Mojo de Ajo), and El Erraderro (best chicken taco salad). Which? And we have Moy's, Golden Crown, and used to have Golden Harvest as well as a Chinese Buffet on the strip. The buffet wasn't great, but Dad and I used to go there at least once a month... I miss it.

When I was a kid growing up in Pomona, we had a drive-in burger joint on one of the main intersections in town. The made a classic burger with all the fixins and a steak sandwich that was my fav. McDonald's came into town with their $.15 burgers, which I really didn't care for at the time, and drove them out of biz. Later on, when I was raising my ex's kids and was in a period of unemployment, McD put burgers on sale for $0.10 a burger... fed the family for a buck. That was pretty cool.

Did you ever watch the movie about Ray Kroc? He was a real jerk!!!

Hey, I'm proud to wear the badge of Po' white trash! :s0114: And/or "Red Neck". As long as a person is honest and works for what they got! They're my kind of people. Not so pretentious as people with a lot of money.

Years back you could afford one of those hotels by the 84. Loved a nice, hot, bubbly pool after driving 500 miles. But those bastiges are rip-offs! So The Royal Inn it was. Also did the Travel Lodge, and LaGrande Inn. Those were less than stellar. I'm not going to spend a C note+ for a damn place to sleep, spending only 10 hours there! $140.00 + $125.00 ! Crazy could do much better price wise in Baker City, but there's something about the drive up into The Blue's as the sun climbs into the sky.

I think it was Moy's and La Fiesta. Also had done Golden Crown. Walking distance from the hotel was key. After a sometimes "Hairy" drive, several cocktails were consumed! Oh Bud Jackson's is our kind of place.

I work at hospital where I run the risk of exposure on a daily basis as it comes with the territory. We are screened daily and take all necessary precautions. They pay us if we get quarantined due to illness or known unprotected exposure or if we have to stay home if we aren't feeling well and are waiting to see if it's just a simple illness that passes or something that is covid related. I consider myself lucky to be working and drawing a paycheck even though I am in a high-risk group due to age and pre-existing health conditions. I also feel a responsibility to the community to make sure we continue providing health services to those that need it regardless of the health risks to myself. What really pisses me off is how they decide what is essential and who works in Washington. Gun stores were shutdown but liquor and marijuana stores were deemed essential. Construction and landscaping /yard maintenance businesses were shut down, yet anyone working on state/county/ or city projects and in similar capacity are deemed essential. Can anyone tell me why someone mowing grass for the city/state/county gets to work while some poor SOB with a small business doing same type of work is ordered to shut down? How is a construction crew working on a rapid transits project deemed essential when it's not due for completion in 20 years deemed essential when some poor SOB contractor is told to idle and shut down? Anyone who defies the decision of the Governor/city/county officials and tries to work is threatened with having their licenses revoked and their business permanently shut down. Seems to me the average taxpayers are paying a huge price and everyone government related gets a pass. Anyone heard of a government employee losing their livelihood? I suspect not, although I bet that anyone in an idle capacity that is not working is probably drawing full pay for doing nothing. Our government at work?! What a shame!

Ps- reminds me of George Orwell's animal farm... "We are all equal, some are just more equal than others". And it ain't funny!!! I hope this passes soon and those of you without a paycheck get back to work soon. I also hope voters reflect on how our elected representatives administered this situation wrecking the economy. Ask yourself, is the cure worse than the disease. I think the overreaction may become apparent when their sky is falling projections don't ring true. You can bet the people in power will spin it that and take credit for saving us in the event this has been blown way out of proportion

Ask yourself, is the cure worse than the disease. I think the overreaction may become apparent when their sky is falling projections don't ring true. You can bet the people in power will spin it that and take credit for saving us in the event this has been blown way out of proportion

It's win/win for them... can't prove anything either way!! In a crisis, they can make all the overblown projections they want, and the society that wants security instead of liberty will thank them for all the draconian changes that can't be proven to have had an effect. :(:(:(

Last Edited:
Hey, I'm proud to wear the badge of Po' white trash! :s0114: And/or "Red Neck". As long as a person is honest and works for what they got! They're my kind of people. Not so pretentious as people with a lot of money.

Years back you could afford one of those hotels by the 84. Loved a nice, hot, bubbly pool after driving 500 miles. But those bastiges are rip-offs! So The Royal Inn it was. Also did the Travel Lodge, and LaGrande Inn. Those were less than stellar. I'm not going to spend a C note+ for a damn place to sleep, spending only 10 hours there! $140.00 + $125.00 ! Crazy could do much better price wise in Baker City, but there's something about the drive up into The Blue's as the sun climbs into the sky.

I think it was Moy's and La Fiesta. Also had done Golden Crown. Walking distance from the hotel was key. After a sometimes "Hairy" drive, several cocktails were consumed! Oh Bud Jackson's is our kind of place.

I've actually stayed at the Royal Inn when we were visiting while living in Brookings... you sure know how to pick em!! And Travel Lodge... no wonder you know about Bud Jackson's. Bud's has really good food, but you have to wait forever for it to be plated. That place used to be The Eastside Tav, even more rustic about a 6 on a scale of glitzy to trashy, with a 10 being the tav at Meacham that burned down. Anyway, the Eastside had the best broasted chicken anywhere, served up with Tabasco and ranch or blue cheese dipping. The owner, "Rich" was a drunk... go figure. The Hut in Union was good, but the owner burned that one down after one of his patrons that was a CI was stabbed to death in the doorway of the bar section.

I used to treat the wife to a Jacuzzi room at the motel behind McD's, I think it was only $80 in the off season. Motels sprung up everywhere when they started closing off the freeway during winter storms... you'd think there would be competition, but uh uh, there is no off season now.

Moy's is the best for Chinese. Their lunch specials are a fab deal. Golden Crown is the best we have here for sushi. There is a relatively new Momiji but I think they are expensive for La Grande. Probably not at all expensive compared to Portland or Bend tho. I had their 2 for 1 Spider Roll and then was informed that I had to buy a $3 soft drink to get the order... WTF?

I'm currently in the middle of a mandatory two week furlough thanks to a cow-orker who came in close contact with a COVID positive person.

I'm getting my full pay while out. Can't complain.

We are business as usual at my shop. 11 employees on 15 acres and under a 275,000 SQF roof. We've implemented a fair amount of policy for visitors and truck drivers, but all in all we're operating normal - in so much that the PNW steel industry has been in a lull for several years and this definitely isn't helping that. Orders from foundries and mills coming in waves. Busy 2-3 days, then the rest of the week feels like working on Christmas day, lol. Starting to see some supply chain issues, only time will tell.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top