JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It is kinda teaser. Center fire has c&r p38 on sale for 540. It looks like the aluminum slide, post ww2. But they won't sell to WA. I have bought from them before and it is sad i will put them on my bubblegum list now… i hope some of you in OR can take advantage of it.

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
It is kinda teaser. Center fire has c&r p38 on sale for 540. It looks like the aluminum slide, post ww2. But they won't sell to WA. I have bought from them before and it is sad i will put them on my bubblegum list now… i hope some of you in OR can take advantage of it.
+1 on the bubblegum list. There is zero legal reason for them to restrict sales of this item to WA. They are just boot lickers.

Unfortunately it may not just be bootlicking. With the new laws allowing for suit against FFLs etc and Ferguson running for Gov, they are likely afraid they will be the target of a politically motivated and expensive lawsuit (at the WA tax payers expense of course).
Sad times either way though.

I strongly disagree.

The law is pretty vague in many respects but it clearly doesn't cover a firearm of this nature.

If their legal counsel and business decision-makers are unable or unwilling to see that…then they are complicit and thus passive boot lickers at best.

I believe Normantor is referring to the state's attempt to challenge the federal PLCAA through WA SB5078. He is not saying a P-38 is a banned item under HB1240.

I believe Normantor is referring to the state's attempt to challenge the federal PLCAA through WA SB5078. He is not saying a P-38 is a banned item under HB1240.

Sure. I get that.

But why is Centerfire acting as if a P-38 is banned under HB1240 or would expose them to liability under SB5078?

Neither law does anything such thing. And thus - I repeat - they are complicit bootlickers, making awful gun laws more onerous (unnecessarily).

Sure. I get that.

But why is Centerfire acting as if a P-38 is banned under HB1240 or would expose them to liability under SB5078?

Neither law does anything such thing. And thus - I repeat - they are complicit bootlickers, making awful gun laws more onerous (unnecessarily).
Amen! Heck- even BASS PRO in Colorado was willing to send a walther to WA the other day. If a big corporation is willing to do so, Centerfire sure can and there is no excuse for this. That is BS.

I wrote them an email asking if they have any reason(s) in not selling p38 to wa, and i even asked them nicely to reconsider. Reply i received, "Our company has decided not to ship any firearms to the state of WA"…

I get that it is a free country and all, your business, your rules. But i also have a choice in where i spend my money. We don't need any more business being lazy, not attempting to learn the new law and simply give up on us behind enemy lines.

Last Edited:
Agree with Centerfire being slackers and not understanding the law. Tried to reorder the .40 grab bag of ammo I ordered before the law was signed, no dice will not ship. But another company I won't mention will ship ammo and firearms no problem.

Another place has it for sale for 599, after coupon "postwar", $549, c&r eligible.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top