JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Does anyone here have a standard 9/40/357 FCU AND an xten FCU? If so what are the differences between the two? Does the xten have the 45.acp length ejector, 45.acp take down safety and 45.acp slide catch? Or is it 9/40/357 length ejector with 45.acp safety take down lever and 45.acp slide catch? Or are your observations different? I'd greatly appreciate the Intel. Everything that I've found is mostly conjecture and hearsay. I know the 10mm fcu will run 9 but not visa versa and that the 45.acp fcu will run 9 but not visa versa. I'm told that the 45.acp and 10mm FCU's are not the same. Pictures and measurements are greatly appreciated. Evidently Sig is great at controlling information.

There is a lot of discussion on this topic in the various forums.
I have bookmarked a few. I'll dig them up and post the links when I get home.

I have both the P320 XTEN and the P320 in 9mm, with 40 S&W upper, & 357 Sig conversion barrel for the 40 upper. I can guarantee you that the FCU's in these two firearms are not the same. The 10mm FCU can also be used with 45ACP, but nothing else. 9mm FCU's are also good for 40 S&W and 357 Sig, but not with any other calibers.

Simply put, the grip module for the XTEN is wider than all of the 9mm modules, as is the 45ACP grip module. There are other internal FCU differences if you'd care to look into it further, but you can also check out the Sig website on such particular items to get some of the same information..

The XTEN will accommodate a 45ACP upper, and those two alone are interchangable with the designated FCU. Works great, but there's always the need for compatible magazines as well.

Sig P320 XTEN with additional 45ACP complete slide assembly, etc pictured below. Any other calibers require a 2nd P320

D926BCEC-7398-4283-A25B-ED6BD2A1F8EB.jpeg

There is a conversion kit available to make them compatible. Sig has openly admitted that they are required to tell you its no possible. Which makes sense. They want you to buy a complete system.

Iirc jsd sold the kit with the takedown safety lever needed for the mod.
Also there is some good discussion here about it.

I admit I have only handled the xten with the conversion done, not fired it. Though I assume it works as the gun was filthy lol

I have am extra 80% I will likely purpose build for the xten if I can find a few mags first. If not back to a 10mm 1911.

Ab also sells the kit with parts needed.

Very interesting. I had no idea.
Thank you for that information

Guess its best to stop thinking that I know anything at all, and keep my own ignorance to myself from now on. 😂
Even so, it's always good to learn something new. 😀

Very interesting. I had no idea.
Thank you for that information

Guess its best to stop thinking that I know anything at all, and keep my own ignorance to myself from now on. 😂
Even so, it's always good to learn something new. 😀
Oh it's not ignorance man lol
More a testament to my wasted time online haha

Ab also sells the kit with parts needed.

I'm waiting for AB to actually start pumping these out. I'm on the notification list for all their XTEN stuff already.

I have both the P320 XTEN and the P320 in 9mm, with 40 S&W upper, & 357 Sig conversion barrel for the 40 upper. I can guarantee you that the FCU's in these two firearms are not the same. The 10mm FCU can also be used with 45ACP, but nothing else. 9mm FCU's are also good for 40 S&W and 357 Sig, but not with any other calibers.

Simply put, the grip module for the XTEN is wider than all of the 9mm modules, as is the 45ACP grip module. There are other internal FCU differences if you'd care to look into it further, but you can also check out the Sig website on such particular items to get some of the same information..

The XTEN will accommodate a 45ACP upper, and those two alone are interchangable with the designated FCU. Works great, but there's always the need for compatible magazines as well.

Sig P320 XTEN with additional 45ACP complete slide assembly, etc pictured below. Any other calibers require a 2nd P320

View attachment 1358066
I know all of that. My question was strictly pertaining to internal components. Sig will not even consider answering this question and I haven't been able to get ahold of an XTEN fcu to inspect and take measurements on.

Yes there certainly is, I have not been able to locate an actual answer though. Just Alot of speculation and anecdotes
I provided a link to a forum where it's proven and discussed. I have handled a converted pistol and like I said, sig is not allowed to tell you you can as they want you to buy a separate unit or new pistol. Sales 101.

I just read over that thread. I remember seeing it before, that's how I learned about needing to swap out the take down safety lever (or modify it). I didn't see anything on that thread about the proper ejector length though and thats the big one. It seems that I was correct in those 3 things being the only difference, but how much to trim the ejector is where I'm stuck. I'd like to trim it to a point where it still functions reliably with 9/40/357 and just enough to run 10 but I have not been able to get the specs.

I just read over that thread. I remember seeing it before, that's how I learned about needing to swap out the take down safety lever (or modify it). I didn't see anything on that thread about the proper ejector length though and thats the big one. It seems that I was correct in those 3 things being the only difference, but how much to trim the ejector is where I'm stuck. I'd like to trim it to a point where it still functions reliably with 9/40/357 and just enough to run 10 but I have not been able to get the specs.
I would definitely test shoot it first before jumping in feet first with ejector trimming.
That's the one "tender spot" in the P320 design.
Once you take material away, it's not easy to go back.

Fun fact :
Even within the 9mm FCU's, they look like individuals in regards to the ejectors.
In other words, they look hand finished.
I've had several examples to compare side-by-side.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews