JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Question..... My Brother travels to China for business on a semi regular basics. Not sure what the price is of 7.62X39 is over there but is it ok to buy it over there and ship it back to the states? Do you have to go through a dealer or could he just mail it from china to to me?

I thought people couldn't have guns over there? How would ammo be legal? My brother just married a girl from China and told her he has guns like AK's and AR's and she has never even seen one outside of military.

Well weather they can or not, if you are able to purchase ammo in any other country if you are there, what would you do to ship it back is basically my question. weather its China, somewhere in eroupe, the mid-east, Russia. etc.

check the ATF site, you may infact require an FFL , and you would need ATF import permits to be legal
otherwise we'd all be buying ammo from Russian NOW

with China doing cheapo knockoff's of everything, Id be nervous about their ammo....do a Google search on Chinese ammo there are reports of handguns blowing up from defective Chinese ammo

I know people can bring guns into the US that can't be normaly imported.
When I was in Germany in the late 80's you could buy CZ-75's and bring them back as a personal gun on an ATF Form 6. This was befor CZ guns were allowed to be imported into the U.S.. Then it was still a commie country. Sadly after Bush 1 baned the import of non-sporting firearms ''89''I was denied the importation of an AR-15 colt I bought on post at a gun store. But I could bring back a CZ-75?
Thats the BATF for you. Later the Wall fell. And CZ's could be imported in mass. Buy the way. My Colt AR was about $645. Wish I kept it. I'll try to hang on better to my HK-91 and Belgain 50.0 FAL I bought later. If they let me? Dang ol gun grabbers.