JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I graduated in 2005. And I hated my parents going to my football and basketball games so I always told them to stay home. Lol I felt like they where bad luck.

Good thing not every kid felt this way or the stands would have been empty. Guess your parents just had to pay for it all and then stay away because you felt they were bad luck.

I rest my case.

long time ago...Not many parents came to my little league games. Mine never did.

Now the pendulum has swung the other way. I live a few blocks from a park with 4-diamonds. The soccer moms have my entire neighborhood so flooded with cars that the locals can't park their own cars. They park at will in no-parking zones, and they park in front of driveways. And heaven forbid you try driving down your own street while the soccer moms have invaded. They'll block traffic with so much empowerment while they're loading or unloading their coolers and duffle bags full of baseball bats, or just stand in the middle of the street discussing the bad calls of the game.

Middle ground? Does mom and dad have to bring separate cars? Can't the soccer moms car-pool to the games?

I love baseball. I walk to the park often just to watch little league games. Don't know how the coaches can get anything accomplished with all the soccer moms doing all the coaching from the bleachers.

Last Edited:
stands should be empty with the behavior of parents.

Valid point. I 86ed a couple of parents from games before. I told them I was the coach and would coach the way I was going to and if you did not like it, then take your kid off my team, but do not tell me how to coach or how to make a line up, if you yell at me or the umpires during the game you will be gone. Couple of them did take their kids off, and still hate me to this day. Meh. The ones who were sure their kid was headed to the show, and who in fact became crackheads after high school.

My DIL coached club volleyball for a few years and gave it up, The parents felt they could tell her how to play the girls because they were paying $ 1,000 for Princess Bi*ch who cannot hit a ball 5 feet.

Does anyone remember when we didn't need uniforms and an official diamond to play ball? Some of us didn't even have a glove.
Do you suppose we could sue the city of our youth for mistreatment??

Sheldon

Yes I do SS. We neighborhood kids had our own "Sandlot" (the movie) I was Benny the Jet because I was the tallest and oldest (by one year) and called the shots. We had to be in the house, cleaned up and seated a the dinner table by the time the street lights came on.
God, what great times growing up back in the day they were.:)

Meh. I remember playing football in the early 80's and hearing there was a fight in the stands between a parent and the opposing teams coach. in the 70's My own father would scream his a$$ off at me from the sidelines embarrassing both himself and me. I also remember a father threatening my little league coach that if he didn't put his son in to pitch he was going to kick his a$$. Everyone watched that one.

I think it's just as bad as it was then but now there's just more $$ spent on it. Parents have their kids play year round, buy all the gear they can find, move the kids from club to club trying to find the most winning team.... that's the part that has changed in my opinion.

Parents have their kids play year round, buy all the gear they can find, move the kids from club to club trying to find the most winning team.... that's the part that has changed in my opinion.

One of the local leagues had try outs for their "travelling" team. They played after regular season was done, thennfall ball. Routine 80 mile trips to play other "elite travelling" teams. They want one of my boys to play on it, I said no. He played regular season and when that was over, he was going to work with me every day, we were going on at least 2 camping /fishing trips a month and a couple of 4 day weekend trips.

I made my boys go to work with me and learn how to operate heavy equipment.

I used to bring a video camera to my kid's games. A couple times when parents got out of hand I turned the camera toward them and they quieted right down.

On our team when the most obnoxious parent's kid left the team, another parent would take their place and become more obnoxious than they were before. It was weird. And yeah, their kids were embarassed.

I used to bring a video camera to my kid's games. A couple times when parents got out of hand I turned the camera toward them and they quieted right down.

On our team when the most obnoxious parent's kid left the team, another parent would take their place and become more obnoxious than they were before. It was weird. And yeah, their kids were embarassed.

I had a couple of the parents over the years who quietly stood away from the stands and crowds, some of them so they could smoke, some because they had had a few belts before coming there. Never had any problems with those, in fact they were the first to come stand beside me if I was setting one of the braying obnoxious mouthy one's straight.

I had a couple of opposing Type A coaches who would get flustered about a rule or play and call out the umpire for a conference on the field. They might go on for a minute, then I would tell my coach, (who had been my little league coach), " Watch this, I am going to go out there and get this csker thrown out of the game. I would engage the umpire and coach in a calm quiet voice, and say" Are you girls going to stand here and finger each other all day or can we get on with this game ??
The other coach's veins in his neck would start bluging out, he would get red, and start getting mouthy with me, then I knew I had him. I would make a few comments to him quietly, then turn around and walk off while he completely lost his sh*t, kicking base's, throwing his clipboard and getting ejected. Played him like a tuned fiddle a couple of times over the years with the same result. I came back to the dugout and my coach was inside with his back turned laughing his azz off. We won the game, but that jackazz was a horrible example for the kids and families, but cycling on roids for a couple of years will do that to you.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top