JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Used to hear that all the time, but it was 'Welcome to California, now go home"

People in the South hate when people from the Northern states move there.
Californians hated Eastcoasters moving in.
Oregon and Washington hate the Californians.
Hawiians hate mainlanders moving there.
I've got a good friend, Oregon native, that moved to Alaska, got treated like s h i t by the locals. He moved back.
It doesn't matter where you are from, someone hates you, because of where you are from.
I HAAAAATED California, still do. Not really a choice of mine on where I was born.
Mom and Dad moved there from Massachusetts. Dads family came from Denmark, Moms from Scotland.
I understand why you don't want us here, the majority of Cali's are buttheads, trust me, I know.
My neighbors are from Montana, Illinios, Japan, Texas, Oregon,and Virginia. Kind of a mixed bunch.

Don't hate someone for where they are born, they don't have a choice. Hate them for their crappy mentality that they brought with them.
I'm a gun toting Republican, drive a pick-up, ride a Harley, have a family history of loggers, mill workers, and teachers, drive a truck for a living, drink my coffee black, don't own an umbrella, hate hippies, and, was born in California.
Oregon just seamed like a good place to raise a family. It fits me.

I got a pass when I moved here, probably because I came from AK, not California. :)

Yeah, newbies in AK get some grief.

What's the favorite site to an Alaskan?

An Okie walking south with a Texan under each arm.

It's easy to spot a non-native
Yes it is - the town name test is a good one - here in Central Oregon Tumalo an Madras are our 'test' names. Another way to spot an 'import' (especially from south of us) is they LOVE to start by telling everyone how "We are from California etc." as though everyone is suppose to snap to attention or something. Several years ago there was a car in Bend with a personalized, California license plate that had 'ORYGUN' on it. I do not know whatever happened to it but at the time burning it was suggested by more than a few.....

Come on guys, I've lived in, and went to school in, OR, WA, CA, BC and AB all compliments of my folks. Dad was a Lutheran minister and never stayed at one congregation more than 5 years, before he took a call soemwhere else.

The way I heard it was..."everyone has to live in California for awhile to find out why they live in the Pacific NW". My stay in California was very short (63-65), and as soon as I could leave, I did, even if it was to join the US Army and go to Vietnam. We've lived in WA ever since I got out of service.

We lived in OR from 55-63, go back occationally to visit relatives but haven't lived in OR since...Won't ever go back to California...I tell my friends down there, they have to come up here to visit.

I remember the anti-Californian suff all started in the late 60's if I remember correctly.

I still rib my wife about when we first moved out here. She pronounced Puyallup "Pull Ya Pup". When I do, she takes great delight in reminding me of me pronouncing Willamette as "Will uh met".

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top