JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Ad Type
  1. For Sale
Price
$975
Manufacturer
Colt
City
Vancouver
State
Washington
Zip Code
Selling original Colt 604 AirForce upper. Receiver is mint excellent condition with black lugs, left side front lug recess, military profile cut on bottom. NOT SP1. Handguard is mint and original 1964-5 non drain hole. . A1 birdcage. Bore is glassy. CmpC marked barrel Indicating 68-9' dated barrel. True upper and NOT retro copy. Own a part of true Vietnam history.

A0E871A6-F694-4469-B4CC-A677CD92F1D9.jpeg

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Last Edited:
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was some 'expert Colt collector jargon' LOL.

Can you tell me what the 'black lugs' mean? Perhaps this area was masked off with a tooling fixture while the inside and outside of the Colt Upper Receiver were being finished.

I use to work at Fairchild Aircraft back on the east cost. I know that Eugene Stoner who also was employed there used a Dry film Lube on the interior surfaces of his Armalite AR-15 Upper Receiver after the upper was hardcoat anodized black. I think the outside of the receiver was also coated with some sort of finish that was dark grey but not as light as the dry film on the inside of the upper.

Thanks for the explanation. I thought it was some 'expert Colt collector jargon' LOL.

Can you tell me what the 'black lugs' mean? Perhaps this area was masked off with a tooling fixture while the inside and outside of the Colt Upper Receiver were being finished.

I use to work at Fairchild Aircraft back on the east cost. I know that Eugene Stoner who also was employed there used a Dry film Lube on the interior surfaces of his Armalite AR-15 Upper Receiver after the upper was hardcoat anodized black. I think the outside of the receiver was also coated with some sort of finish that was dark grey but not as light as the dry film on the inside of the upper.

The identification features for an early receiver say that they have black colored lugs up to 66' I believe. Possibly the way they did the coating like you specified. Always learning on these early ones!

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews