JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey folks. Any knife officianados out there to help me value a couple of original discontued Cold steel carbon V made in USA knives???
from all the research I can find, These are rare.

1 is a Gen 2 Carbon V Trail Master model 16 in the black and silver box. with cordura sheath. Satin finish Blade. The box is a bit beat up. The handle is still wrapped in the red tag

2 is a model 13 RT Recon Tanto carbon V steel. Made in the US. Excellent box. New in Box condition. Box is blue in color.

Hey folks. Any knife officianados out there to help me value a couple of original discontued Cold steel carbon V made in USA knives???
from all the research I can find, These are rare.

1 is a Gen 2 Carbon V Trail Master model 16 in the black and silver box. with cordura sheath. Satin finish Blade. The box is a bit beat up. The handle is still wrapped in the red tag

2 is a model 13 RT Recon Tanto carbon V steel. Made in the US. Excellent box. New in Box condition. Box is blue in color.
Hello,

You may want to put this in the KNIFE section on this forum.

LINK ^^^.

Maybe someone on this forum can help you.

Best wishes to you!

Cate

Look on EBay but understand what you see for asking price is rarely if ever obtained. The blued carbon steel is much rarer than the white carbon steel models, and stainless is the most common. On this forum, you could probably sell those knives this week for <$180, and I would not expect to see them move at all for more. Just being honest. Cold steel is not generally considered collectible knife, at least not by Puma standards.

Took a peek. Definitely like them both. Unfortunately I won't offer a guess at the top dollar value. Cold steel was always more of a useful tool brand, not so much collectible. You should just throw your price up and wait for the derision of your new peer group.
BTW, I find this time of year the absolute worst for making full price deals. The PNW winter is prime time for everyone being broke.

I sold my old carbon V cold steel Trailmaster with leather sheath a couple weeks ago for $150. Both were mint save I cold blued the blade years ago.

Took a peek. Definitely like them both. Unfortunately I won't offer a guess at the top dollar value. Cold steel was always more of a useful tool brand, not so much collectible. You should just throw your price up and wait for the derision of your new peer group.
BTW, I find this time of year the absolute worst for making full price deals. The PNW winter is prime time for everyone being broke.
That, and it's just after Christmas. Unless people got gift cards in their stockings, January is a tough sales month for everyone.

Last year sometime I bought a Cold Steel Trail master Bowie from Midway USA on a clearance sale. It is San Mai steel and sold for near $270 shipped. I really like the knife.
They are out of stock now and over $320 shipped, inflation I guess.

Welcome Aboard. Glad you found the forum.

This is the best place to hang out on the internet.

Check out the organized clean ups. It's the best way to meet the community and learn where and how to use public lands responsibly.

We are doing non ODFW supported cleanups at public forests - check the North Fork Wolf Creek Road thread in resources.

If you really want to get involved in community action check out Trash No Land.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top