JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I see one, I kill it and eat it. Humans are part of the food chain just like any other living thing God put on this earth. God gave the earth to us, we didn't take it from the animals. I'm not saying we should wipe out a species though. Moderation is key.

Not happy with the present situation. Cougars should be left alone. If one shows up on my porch, I'll deal with it. I grant you the same liberty. Going out hunting them with dogs, shooting 'yotes and wolves at 200 yards out of sport or pure meanness or because you're scared of them... wrong wrong wrong. Disturbs the natural predator-prey balance.

BTW, what's with all this "troll" stuff everytime someone disagrees with the extreme-right point of view around here?

So you're not happy with the present situation, but if anybody else complains about it you taunt them. Yah, that's trolling.

And BTW, nobody is talking about wiping out predators. We have 6000 cougar trying to survive in enough habitat to support 3000. ODFW issues a predetermined amount of tags for cougar and even hound hunters would have to have a tag. It's called scientific population management, as opposed to emotional preservationism.

You must have missed this part above:

Number one, the success rate for these opportunistic lion hunters is about 1%. Number two, these kills tend to be indiscriminate, with lactating females and yearling cubs being taken as often as any other lion. A deer hunter who happens upon a cougar does not have time to inspect it to see if it is a suitable specimen.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top