JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
"Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12)"

Of Course.. New Jersey. The same Party and the same State that had someone insert the much-hated Hughes Amendment into the 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act. :rolleyes: among other things...edit it seems particular that New Jersey has a thing for hating guns and 2nd Amendment in general.

"Senator Bob Menendez (D-NJ), and Congresswoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (D-NJ-12)"

Of Course.. New Jersey. The same Party and the same State that had someone insert the much-hated Hughes Amendment into the 1986 Firearms Owners Protection Act. :rolleyes: among other things...edit it seems particular that New Jersey has a thing for hating guns and 2nd Amendment in general.
There's a reason we all it "Nazi Jermany"...

You all may have noticed in some of my past posts that I'm pretty liberal and generally think the banners are misguided in pursuit of good intentions, meaning they really want to stop gun deaths of innocents not disarm you to be able to march you off to camps. Despite their good intentions their lack of knowledge and general personal antipathy to firearms causes them to propose some pretty stupid laws to try to achieve that end, without even discussing constitutionality. That said, this legislation is supremely stupid, even if suppressors don't fall under the 2A, this seems like a solution in search of a problem. As far as I know there has never been a mass shooting where the shooter used a suppressor (though I'd imagine the guy in Vegas may have owned one). Criminals don't buy them because they cost too much and have to be registered. They aren't really even quiet enough to conceal a crime. Seems to me that all suppressors do is protect firearms enthusiasts hearing. WTF?

It goes all the way back to how silencers/suppressors were characterized in media and in newspapers. Basically "only assassins and spies need silencers/suppressors; Honorable gentlemen and hunters do not need them".

Edit. Much the exact same kind of sentiment around AR15s and standard mags.. "only mass killers, soldiers, Cops need these, hunters and citizens do not need these, they'll be fine with less than 10rd capacity and no semiautomatic weapons are needed for honorable, legal hunting of game" :rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top