JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
615 willamette tag. goose egg for the rest.

my LEO friend has drawn his antelope tag 2 years in a row for the same unit with an average of 10+ years to even get the tag once. last year was his first time ever putting in for it.

My Pdx city hunters waited to the last minute to enter for three group hunts across 15 possible options and came up with zero. These are the same guys that hunt elk within the center meridian of major highways. They hit the outdoors once a year. What a crew. I may go out with a lady friend during the second season and open season.

I got high cascade buck as well. Do you know where to get a map of that unit (119a if I remember correctly). I guess I'm stupid but, I can't find it on the ODFW website, just the verbal description in the book.
Awesome! High Cascade (119A) is multiple units.
Santiam(16), McKenzie(19), Indigo(21), Dixon(22), Rogue(30), Keno(31), and Fort Rock(77). That season is Sept 11-19. If you are unsuccessful on this hunt you can still get the general season deer tag in October. You can get paper copy fold out maps at any Sportsmans or Bimart. Heres a link that should get you to the online maps on ODFW's website, https://www.dfw.state.or.us/maps/#Travel

I drew a doe tag. Took a heck of a long time to get it. Funny thing is that I have no desire to even shoot one any more. Hopefully I can find a kid that wants to do the mentored hunt. What'd you guys get? Big plans? No plans?
LOL, I have 4 mentored youth and didn't draw for anything deer.

Trying a new unit for elk. Hopefully this unit HAS elk...the previous one HAD elk in it.

LOL, I have 4 mentored youth and didn't draw for anything deer.

Trying a new unit for elk. Hopefully this unit HAS elk...the previous one HAD elk in it.
How do mentor points work? I have a 3 yr old son and would like him to be able to start hunting as soon as he's old enough. Is that something i should be getting now?

Ive managed to collect some points and once I burn them on a better unit I'll work the High Cascade buck tag every year, thats a great tag thats way overlooked.
I'll be hunting coastal blacktail this year.... My hunting partner was uncertain about being available for controlled buck tag this year so I collected a point saver this year for controlled buck but am starting to research the best controlled tag to waste my points on, if anyone has any recommendations I'd love to hear? Currently looking into Beatys Butte (ie; Trout Creek Mts) or maybe Snake River units.

I only drew a spike tag this year for elk.

I got doughnut. Looks like I am getting soaked on the coast again. We got into a herd last year but could not get a close enough shot at them. I think I am about done withdraw tags. Chased out of favorite huntings spots by fee hunters leasing up all the prime land then found another good hunting place and the cougar ate all the deer and find a new place for elk that was awesome then chaced out by wolves who killed all the Elk and now the good areas I want to hunt require more than 4 points that's a lot of years and a lot of fees to go without drawing something.

Got skunked for a 2nd year in a row.
Well kind of, last year I drew buck tag in Columbia basin as my 3rd or was it 4th? choice. Anyways some of the ranchers are not very friendly .
it was fun camping trip

and now the good areas I want to hunt require more than 4 points that's a lot of years and a lot of fees to go without drawing something.
More people hunting, predation, habitat loss.... nothing we can do about it. Im still collecting points but in the mean time I made it a project to learn to hunt blacktail in the coast range but dont want to tell anyone cause I suck at hunting blacktail and never get one.... lol.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top