JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Obviously you could use a Smith 610. A 10mm wheelgun, what's not to love?

Yes, and there is also the 310. Both are rare and expensive.

I'm just as happy carrying an extra 6-9 ounces over my 386 night guard and gaining the ability to fire full house magnums. So, instead of buying a compact 10mm I bought a 586 L comp. For the weight, and extra barrel length.

BB 125 JHP are over 1400 FPS out of a 3" barrel. A 586 L comp will handle that load without issue, whereas I feel maxed out with the 1225 TSB BB/Barnes load with my 386 night guard.

Also interested in the 629.

I have a good supply of brass and the dies to do .357. Not so for the 10mm. I think it makes more sense to go get the dies and build up the brass for 5.56.

It'll be a nice collection of pistol and rifles to play with and load for. 9mm and .357, .300 BO and 5.56.

Wow, I was just joshin ya. I'm with ya on the 357, it is a fantastic round. That L comp a nice shooter? I've wanted one for awhile but could never justify the price differential with a 3 inch 686. Beautiful revolver.

Can't go wrong with a 629. I have a 3 inch on the way. Good luck with your sale, by the way.

What? Do you get the idea that perhaps I'm in part trying to convince myself? lol...

I typed that wrong - a 627, not 629. I was contemplating the 44 mag when in Keiths today, but that didn't last long. Sure is sexy though.

I have not shot the 586 yet. But it does have a certain balance the 2.5" snubbies do not. I looked at the 3" 686+ and thought about it. They also have a TALO version (or maybe it's one in the same) but it's not cut for moon clips. My buddy has the 3" 686+ non-fluted TALO and I think it's one of his favorite pistols.

I just don't think people know how good these pistols are. If I didn't own one already I'd take this one off your hands.( Plus my wife would kill me if I got another 10mm):(:(

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.