JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1445662642.427589.jpg

Fantastic pistol, slim profile, accurate shooter, above average trigger, decent reset, dependable, great value. Think of it as a modern take on the classic PPK/s, chambered in 9mm. I really like my PPS 9. However, the mags are pricey, it is a single stack so capacity is limited. Also, it's definitely not the smallest carry pistol on the market.

As a compact shooter, capacity notwithstanding, it is a great choice. For a ccw, depending on your capacity/size preference, it may or may not be your best selection.

It is worth a look but I would highly recommend handling and shooting one before committing to purchase. This is my advice for any ccw. Cheers!;)

Fantastic pistol, slim profile, accurate shooter, above average trigger, decent reset, dependable, great value. Think of it as a modern take on the classic PPK/s, chambered in 9mm. I really like my PPS 9. However, the mags are pricey, it is a single stack so capacity is limited. Also, it's definitely not the smallest carry pistol on the market.

As a compact shooter, capacity notwithstanding, it is a great choice. For a ccw, depending on your capacity/size preference, it may or may not be your best selection.

It is worth a look but I would highly recommend handling and shooting one before committing to purchase. This is my advice for any ccw. Cheers!;)
My good friend, a beginning shooter who just got his CCw permit was drawn to buying one, while I was there to help him choose(and I of course suggested glock glock and more Glocks[emoji12]) I didn't protest him getting the Walther

Khalsa, if your friend gets used to the mag release he will never want to go back to the push button style...
Yea I really think you're right. Of course him being a very inexperienced shooter he hasn't already developed muscle memory for using the push-button style magazine releases so it will probably be a great platform for him [emoji108]

Yea I really think you're right. Of course him being a very inexperienced shooter he hasn't already developed muscle memory for using the push-button style magazine releases so it will probably be a great platform for him [emoji108]
I can't rave enough about the PPS. I have 1911s, Sigs, Walthers, Glocks, Kel-Tecs (I know, don't say it...) and even a Caracal but the PPS may be my favorite all-around pistol, even if it isn't the best carry, best target shooter and doesn't have the best trigger or the most capacity. It is just a great pistol, as is, no mods.

I can't rave enough about the PPS. I have 1911s, Sigs, Walthers, Glocks, Kel-Tecs (I know, don't say it...) and even a Caracal but the PPS may be my favorite all-around pistol, even if it isn't the best carry, best target shooter and doesn't have the best trigger or the most capacity. It is just a great pistol, as is, no mods.
Haha don't say what? "Kel tec sucks?"[emoji12] just kidding

That is a nice piece. I wouldn't buy the P22 though. They are super finicky and not up to the usual Walther quality.

I tried one out for aoput 2 weeks.

Slim, light and accurate, but I hated the paddle mag release.

Tried to sell it on Gun Broker and various forums for a month or so. Holster, 4 mags, knife, and all.

Same for my LCR with holster, ect.

Took it/them to a shop over in Idaho, and placed it on consignment with my LCR
as well.

It seems that no one in my area likes the PPS or LCRs:s0037:

The stupid problem with the screwy gun laws, is that if they don't sell..
I have to do another transfer (with fees) to get them back.

Now I feel like they will never sell and I might have well just gave my two
guns away.

So, my lesson learned.

Be sure you will like the PPS mag release before you put down your hard earned cash.

You might not get much back if you decide to sell it.

b120b9a9-f8df-4290-afe7-75c0d857e845_zpsaunsngf3.png

That is a nice piece. I wouldn't buy the P22 though. They are super finicky and not up to the usual Walther quality.
I've read this sort of review on the P22 several times, but we have (3) of them in our family and I have broken each of them in with no problems whatsoever. In fact, I find them very pleasent to shoot and very accurate...unlike the Sig Mosquito...ugh :rolleyes: Perhaps folks are using crapola ammo?

I sold mine last year and really regretted it. It was best shooting little pistol I ever owned. I just picked up a new one for under $400. I really like it and will not let it go again. It is very accurate and I don't mind the German type mag release. The mags cost the same as Beretta mags, so it doesn't bother me. You don't need a bunch of these mags anyway.

Yeah, for accuracy, reliability and quality workmanship, with today's prices the PPS may be the best bargain on the market. I keep resisting a new PPS 40SW purchase but it is really tempting. o_O

The prices are lower than ever.

Not so good for those of us trying to sell theirs though.

I think I'll try to trade it in on a Bi-tone 4.0 9mm.

That will give my excellent XD-S .45 a playmate.

Then, I can sell my PPS holsters in one batch, and be done
with the PPS once and for all.

Although, not that I'd never buy a PPQ M2 or the newer PPQ .45 ACP:)

Remington has wisely offered a Rohrbaugh copy with the mag button
in the correct spot for most of us Americans.

I'm not thrilled about a RM380 ..might as well have a MDE .380 with
Marschal Grips. ( Czech quality .380 for pocket carry)

2wqbq1e.jpg
However, the forthcoming RM 9mm will be very tempting.

Until then, I'll have a shiny new XD-S 9 and probably a 442 PRO
38+P to start off the new year!

14vh5yx.jpg

7063978961332_zpsmm1hxzdv.jpg win2-2_zpss9cukxi5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I was able to trade my PPS and LCR .

Now I'm reading that their might be a M2 version of the PPS coming out.

It will have the mag button in the right place for me, but I doubt if it will
be a batter gun than my XDs pistols, or G43:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews