JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any one own one? how do you like it? am considering one to use as a general purpose shot gun, something that will shoot all 12 ga ammo ( I know that they are not rated for slugs).Currently have a couple of guns for trap but they will not shoot steel or the 3 or 3 & 1/2". Thanks for your opinions. Bill

:)

i've had a 835 for over 10 yrs .. i love mine (bought my son one for his 16th also) a few thing i like about the mossy is where the safety is located for snap shots on waterfowl... also like where the slide release is .. don't have to contort your finger around the front of the trigger guard to relase a loaded shell . Don

I had the chance to shoot one last year. My initial impression was that it had a very smooth operation of the action. When I shot it, the recoil felt just like shooting a pump shotgun. I figured being a semi-auto it would have less recoil. I was shooting Winchester target load. Other than that, it seemed like a nice gun.

I had the chance to shoot one last year. My initial impression was that it had a very smooth operation of the action. When I shot it, the recoil felt just like shooting a pump shotgun. I figured being a semi-auto it would have less recoil. I was shooting Winchester target load. Other than that, it seemed like a nice gun.

The 835 is a pump. Maybe your thinking of the 935 which is semi auto.

I had one for about two years before it was stolen. It was a great shotgun and I'm currently looking for a good deal on one to replace it.

+1 on the 835. I love mine. Smooth action, points well for me, and I'm a big guy, so I really like the extra bulk this gun has compared to a 500. Feels durable and like it's meant to be shot a lot. I've put about a thousand rounds per year through mine for the last 8 years (mostly trap loads, some turkey), and she shoots as good as ever. I haven't shot many 3 or 3.5" loads, other than a couple of times for fun. Mostly a bird gun for me. Got mine on clearance sale at Big5, but I haven't shopped there in years so i'm not sure if they still stock Mossberg.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top