JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Read that, amen.

I think with all the BS going on politically with infighting the best thing Trump and his appointees can do is this kind of fight roll back any and all ridiculous policies the previous administrations have put in place and go after all the people that have committed acts against the American people, ie. Holder for F&F, Clintons/Lynch, etc.

Start making an example of the corruption in WA.
That will be the only way to get re-elected

Good! Very good.

I do have a slight problem with this assertion by the DOJ though: "The Department is committed to bringing enforcement actions only where warranted by the facts and the applicable law, without regard to political preferences,"

Uh yeah - you mean like the warrant you put out to get all the names of everybody who visited a website dedicated to protesting Trump's policies? That isn't politically motivated? :rolleyes:

Everything in DC is political - everything. Who the 'enemy' is just depends on who has the power, but it is generally anybody those in power feel threatened by. It isn't about upholding the law.

Good! Very good.

I do have a slight problem with this assertion by the DOJ though: "The Department is committed to bringing enforcement actions only where warranted by the facts and the applicable law, without regard to political preferences,"

Uh yeah - you mean like the warrant you put out to get all the names of everybody who visited a website dedicated to protesting Trump's policies? That isn't politically motivated? :rolleyes:

Everything in DC is political - everything. Who the 'enemy' is just depends on who has the power, but it is generally anybody those in power feel threatened by. It isn't about upholding the law.
Yes, I agree. While the current DOJ is killing policies from the previous administration one by one, they are bending over backwards though to not be too blatant about it. With this current climate of "we riot if you do anything to trigger us", they are exercising tact and restraint. However, I am getting sick of all these cry bullies and it's getting time to take the gloves off.

Well if the liberals needed one more thing to hate Trump for this should work. :)

There isn't much they can say without being blatantly hypocritical - except to point out that the DOJ is hypocritical because they are fighting to get the names of people who visit an anti-Trump website, which I find much more disturbing than Operation Choke Point. The First Amendment and the Second Amendment go hand in hand, but if you can silence your critics then you can also disarm them. The pen is mightier than the sword.

There isn't much they can say without being blatantly hypocritical - except to point out that the DOJ is hypocritical because they are fighting to get the names of people who visit an anti-Trump website, which I find much more disturbing than Operation Choke Point. The First Amendment and the Second Amendment go hand in hand, but if you can silence your critics then you can also disarm them. The pen is mightier than the sword.
Hypocrisy and the left are non existent now days. They just blatantly ignore it and the press helps so it's as if it never happened. As for the DOJ tracking what some group says, its going to go on no matter what. While Trump is far from ideal I don't want to even think about what would be going on if she had won.

IMNSHO they need to identify each participating motherbubblegummer in that "operation", charge them, and try them in court.... top to bottom, bottom to top.

"Fast & Furious", too. From Eric Holder on down to the field agents who "followed orders".

Last Edited:
Hypocrisy and the left are non existent now days. They just blatantly ignore it and the press helps so it's as if it never happened. As for the DOJ tracking what some group says, its going to go on no matter what. While Trump is far from ideal I don't want to even think about what would be going on if she had won.

When it comes to people in power, the left and right are not much different, they just play to a different crowd.

Well said.
After having conservatives being targeted by the IRS and (previous)DOJ during the last administration, how dare the left complain about it though? While I agree that the conservatives should and normally do take the higher roads, I really don't feel like complaining one bit as the left gets some of its own medicine back.

Well said.
After having conservatives being targeted by the IRS and (previous)DOJ during the last administration, how dare the left complain about it though? While I agree that the conservatives should and normally do take the higher roads, I really don't feel like complaining one bit as the left gets some of its own medicine back.

I complain about it because I am not left, nor right nor in the middle - I am Libertarian and very much anti-Trump. So I figure I and many people I know and love could be targeted by the DOJ just for visiting a website.

Nobody is really free until everybody is free - especially with regards to freedom of speech.

Both sides are hypocritical - while having "free speech rallies" to support Trump, Trump turns around and wants to know the names of anyone and everyone who visits an 'anti-Trump' site?

While talking about civil rights and complaining about Trump, those people who are protesting Trump are criticizing the ACLU for supporting the right of the 'Alt-right' to free speech.

Ninety five percent of the populace is fine with our natural rights as long as they agree with our political views. The remaining five percent (Libertarians) want and support the same rights for everybody regardless of their political stance.

Agreed, but if they are busy eating each other they aren't focused on "us".

When they encroach on the rights of one side they encroach on the rights of everybody. Precedent set in these cases can be made to apply regardless of who is in power. Notice that the DOJ isn't saying anything about the other aspects of Operation Choke Point; doing the same thing to businesses that sell marijuana.

Agreed, but if they are busy eating each other they aren't focused on "us".
Yep. The real danger to the "they are all the same crowd" is this is how you end up with the Gov you have in OR, and the one we have in WA. Too many people who complain rights are vanishing either refuse to vote, or throw a vote away. This means they voted for the liberals who won. Liberals love this as it's the only way they can win, keep any one who does not support them preventing anyone else from winning. We dodged a bullet this time. The way this is going we may not next time. When liberals get control again they will go full steam with taking more rights while those who voted for them scream. Sad really to watch this happening. Only hope more can wake up before it's too late. Let another liberal put a slew of liberal judges in and another one or two on the SCOTUS and the constitution will mean nothing.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews