JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Wish I'd have known about it!!

Somehow I must have missed the announcement here.

I did not know about it either. I am not opposed to such events but I often think they do more harm than good. I did a video recently about the subject and pretty much all of the feedback I got when asking people their thoughts when seeing such an event were negative. Both from civilians and law enforcement. A lot of people saw it as "look at those rednecks carry guns while getting drunk." Even though there was no alcohol even present. Their own bias made them overlook that fact.

This is why I feel opencarry.org needs to adopt a local highway so we can do open carry road clean up. That way people see the guns, have no reason to believe there is alcohol involved, and they see the people with the guns doing something that is undeniably positive and helpful to the community. I know I would participate.

The Columbian had a story on it, not bad actually except that they said:
Gun rights advocates have succeeded in getting both Vancouver City Council and the Board of Clark County Commissioners to amend codes to make it legal to carry guns in parks
Not once do they tell the real reason which is State preemption!!

I wasn't there (I'm still in Afghanistan): I found out about it last minute, and if I had known about it in advance, I would have sponsored a table. My employees at my shop open carry on occasion, and open carry at the shop, and we are fine with the public carrying at the shop in a safe manner.

From chatter on Facebook from a bunch of the people who did attend, it was a very positive event with only one disgruntled person from the peace and justice group causing problems- or rather trying to: he was shut down very quickly when he tried to get security at the park involved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top