Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Oops.....

Discussion in 'Education & Training' started by Doubletap, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Doubletap

Doubletap Newberg Well-Known Member

REDMOND, Ore. -- A deputy accidentally shot another deputy during a gunfire training exercise Thursday in Deschutes County, according to the sheriff's office.

The shooting occurred at a firearms range on Highway 126 east of Redmond at about 2 p.m. during training for the special operations team, said Capt. Tim Edwards.

The deputy suffered a non-life-threatening wound and was taken to a hospital, Edwards said. He is listed in good condition.

The shooting is under investigation and the names of the deputies involved are being withheld, according to the sheriff's office.

2. TAT2D

TAT2D Portland Member

It's not a thread hijack if the context is gun-oopsies rather than county cops, right?

...The ball shot through the "o" in the word "North" on a wall map.

"Schools superintendent in rural Montana accidentally fires black powder gun during class"
    http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...s-black-powder-gun-during-class-87098857.html

Think I read about this one in 'This is True.' Randy's take was, kid brings a spork in his lunch bucket, ZT says he's expelled for a week. Teacher demonstrates live-fire in classroom, everyone says, "Meh."

(Maybe it's a Montana thing.)

MrB

3. rdb241

rdb241 Puyallup Washington Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Is that..................friendly fire? :dunno:

4. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

In my life I don't know how many times I have read about cops accidently shooting each other. Law of averages say when you handle guns wrong they will discharge in the wrong direction.

jj

5. matt_w

matt_w Hillsboro, OR Active Member

The only obvious solution is to ban cops from having guns.

6. MountainBear

MountainBear Sweet Home, OR Well-Known Member

The guy with the gun, oddly, didn't do anything wrong. They were performing a training entry on a room built of a frame and tarp walls. Unfortunately, it looks like one of the members of the entry team stumbled at the back of the line and fell into the line of fire of one of the first in the room. There was no way the officer who pulled the trigger could have known the other officer had stumbled into his line of fire on the other side of the tarp wall. The officer simply engaged his target, assuming the backdrop was clear (as it should have been). An accident that seems to have actually been, an accident...

7. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

And you know this how?

8. MountainBear

Know several local LEO's and this information was in a press release the next day.
    Here's the text from the Press Release...

9. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

They must have been training for a raid on my neighbors house....what with the tarps and all!

10. LCspeedsteel

LCspeedsteel hillsboro Member

its sad, but these days nothing is allowed to be considered just an accident... people for some reason push so hard for a meaning behind every action. thats how video games and music get blamed for school shootings, and various other incidents get pinned on something or someone. notice all of the medical conditions and pills now? where are we going with all of it? i say backwards... finger pointing and passing the buck gets nobody anywhere.

11. MountainBear

Yeah, but if the press release is correct, and I have no reason to believe its not, there's no way to describe this as anything other than an accident...