JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That just might work. Why didn't I think of that? :s0155:

Actually, my card needs to say "TURN OFF RED DOT YOU BIG DUMMY". I require explicit instructions.

:) I have to admit that I recently removed a one-word note from my 'fridge that I cannot understand. Left it up there for a few weeks hoping I'd remember, no luck. "Living with CRS"...

Lucid HD7... auto shutdown after 2hrs, uses AAA batts (steal them from a remote if needed), 1/3rd co-witness on an AR, and at around $200 its not a bank breaker.

P2010013.jpg

This has got me thinking. I'm going to put a 3X5 card in my case that says "BATTERY" in big letters. We'll see if that saves me about $50 a year... QUOTE]

For that very same reason, I put bold notes in various places too (so my furnace or AC doesn't turn itself on and off with a timer all week while I'm somewhere else on vacation calculating the cost). A funny thing about the way people store info... just taking the time to make a big note in the first place tends to trigger an extra visual memory device that often helps us remember. Wouldn't hurt to tape a spare battery to the note in your rifle bag.

I also put the only red dot optic I own on my only weapon with "ranch style" ring mounts (scope/sight rings attached directly to the receiver with slotted thumbscrews). In an emergency, if the battery dies or the optic fails for any reason, I can remove both rings with a dime, flip up the rear peepsight (without a tactical rail in the way) and still have a properly zeroed weapon.

Nice AR Bob. The Lucid certainly is a good sight.

Here is the offending sight mounted on top of the golf ball slayer. No auto shut-off feature, but it's a cheap-o unit that works surprisingly well otherwise. Easy to remove if iron sights are necessary, no tools required. Radioshack sells the batteries only in packages of four, so the extra's live in the range bag. You would think a guy could learn to turn off the toys before putting them away. One of these days...

I had that same set up Well the 7" model and I had a true glo on it.Then I went to a NC Star red dot site. Then ,because the batteries were dead,I tried it with the open sites and did remarkably well for my old eyes

Now where did you get those beautiful grips?

Thanks, they came with the gun. It started out life as a UDX Camper (limited model run) and I swapped out lots of parts. Barrel, rail, iron sights all came from a Field 5.5, custom flat trigger and lots of TLC on the inside parts. She shoots very well. The grips are supposedly cocobolo.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top