JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Clark County is about two weeks out... Unless it's Sportsman's Warehouse.. I put in for a background check on a 1911first week of June and STILL haven't heard back from them! LOL Ordered an M&P Shield 2.0 through the interwebs and got the background check through Northwest Custom Firearms which took about two weeks. FWIW, I highly recommend Northwest Custom Firearms for just about anything firearm related. They get a bit bogged down from time to time but their customer service and integrity are unmatched imo. :)

I doubt I will be buying any new guns in the near future, because I do not want to give WA any more money than I have too.

But I still like to support the local gun stores. Unless i am saving a considerable amount 20% or so or a used gun I still try to shop local.

I was in Vancouver a few days ago and went to Sporting Systems and bought a few items because of their anti 1639 actions and support of this site

The thing about legally buying guns on the internet is...….

The guns get sent to your local FFL Dealer. Your local FFL is responsible to do everything that is legal before you take possession.

Of course, the list varies.....

Federal Form 4473 (required of all FFLs)
Compliance with State and Local Laws
BGC,​
Waiting periods,​
Finger print(s),​
Mental health and/or reg. doctor's approval,​
Safety classes (I-1639),​
NO AWs allowed in this jurisdiction, etc.....​

So then.......it's not like those idiot Politicians and Anti-gunners are saying? i.e. internet sales of guns is unregulated.

YUP.....it's B.S.

Aloha, Mark

PS.....of course, FEES are involved. In some places the jurisdiction collets (sales taxes and registration fees) in addition to your FFL's fees (for services). Always best to ask your FFL first. Before you commit to a purchase.

Last Edited:
I'm wondering if you still need the 1639 training if your a WA resident and your purchase is online shipped to WA FFL dealer?
BTW I'm a new member and have never posted before.
Yes if you are buying a Simi auto Rifle you will have to have the training.
To do the background check at your FFL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads