JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
these two showed up at my place today. No clue who the owners are. They are well mannered and really expensive looking. Wife is a little tired today from kid throwing up all night. She says why are we keeping them in the garage. Well dear, cause the pound will charge about $200.00 each to get them bailed out. So I allied and told the pound my name and number and when the people call, have them call me. So ou think they will call? No clue where they are from.

image.jpeg

I do the same thing. I also put "Found Dog/s" and just my phone number at some major intersections around my place. No info about what kind of dog so I can verify when someone calls that I have thier dog and not someone else's.

I had someone once rescue my dog from the road after almost getting hit then she and a stranger in a car drove to the Safeway in my area and then by the time they got back to my neighborhood they saw the signs my daughter had started putting up, with her picture and our number, and called me about her 2 hours after she went missing.

I've always tried to hold dogs at my house but after the gratitude I felt for these two people who didn't know each other but spent 2 hours of thier day trying to find me, I go out of my way to keep a dog out of the pound.

I also call the pound and give them my number like you did.

Good on you brother for taking care of someone's lost babies.

At least have the pound check if they are chipped. My info is on my dogs chips and I hope that that would help with recovering my pups if I did something stupid and lost them.

Make sure to report found animals IMMEDIATELY. I have neighbors who found two miniature horses wandering on their property. They called police to report it and they called animal control. The horses owners hired a helicopter to search for them and found them on my neighbors property. The owners then called the police and reported that my neighbors had STOLEN them. Only the reports they initially filed about finding the animals kept them out of hot water.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR