JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
*Colt with lighter grips has already been sold. The pistol with the darker grips in the pictures is still for sale. Willing to entertain cash or trade offers. Thanks!

*Price drop, Colt with darker grips for $800.00 OR BEST OFFER- Need to get this bad boy to it's new home!

I have for sale a beautiful US Army Colt M1917 .45acp DA (Double Action) revolver, in great condition.

In the pictures, you will see one with darker grips. This pistol has the original finish (all original condition), with very minor blemishes here and there. There is a slight discoloration on the barrel from the front sight to the end of the barrel, about an inch or so. You can see it in the pictures somewhat. The lock up, timing, bore, and cylinder are in excellent condition, and the pistol fires/functions perfectly and accurately. No box or paperwork. Asking $850.00 cash.

This pistol uses half or full moon clips, but I do not have any to go with it. *It does not require moon clips however, as the cylinder has shoulders machined inside for the leading edge of the .45acp brass (the edge up by the actual bullet, obviously not the shoulder by the primer) to rest upon. If you use moon clips, they are very cheap and easy to find for sale on the gunbroker.com website, and may also be available on cheaperthandirt, ebay, and local guns shops. This pistol has "United States Property" etched into the underside of the barrel as this is a retired service pistol. It also has a US Army inventory number etched into the metal on the bottom of the butt next to the lanyard loop. This pistol has factory Colt inspection stamps on the frame and cylinder. It is used, but in excellent condition for being somewhere around 60-80 years old, and the buyer will NOT be disappointed! (The moon clip with snap caps in the last picture are not included, but an interested buyer can use them to check timing and DA function.)

This is the same pistol that Harrison Ford carried in the Indiana Jones movies! Although these are somewhat collectors items, this is a very solid and functional shooter. It will handle any .45 auto ammo style or grain, but not certain of using +P in them.

The light from the flash in these pics made the bluing not look as good as it really is IMO, they are very nice looking pistols. It dosent help also that my camera is a POS and I am definitely not a good photographer.

FTF only- Serious inquiries only please- Preference given to CHL holders. All Federal, State, and local rules apply. I will require an ODL and signature for bill of sale.

Not really interested in shipping either of the guns, prefer FTF in Portland Metro Area. As far as the question, I believe you can find the original grips for sale frequently on the gunbroker.com, or you can get aftermarket grips for them most anywhere as they have a common frame with the New Service pistol.

Thanks, tree

Bump with new prices. Need to sell these, PM with any questions, willing to entertain any offer (worst I'll say is.....well you know).

I know we aren't supposed to comment in the classifieds, but I just wanted to say COOL GUNS! Really nice, somebody has to jump at this.

Well, they were a very cool pair before I sold the one Colt with the lighter grips!

I still have the one with the darker grips for sale, it is in fantastic condition and would make someone either a great shooter or excellent collectors piece. Willing to entertain offers, cash or trade, worst I could do is say no! Thanks for the comment :s0155: -- tree

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.