Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

? On full auto purchase

Discussion in 'NFA Weapon Discussion' started by GUNNY, Feb 23, 2010.

1. GUNNY

GUNNY DAMASCUS OREGON Member

Here's a question boy's, i'am ready for my next purchase and i want full auto or tri burst what's the best rout to go.have one built by west coast machineguns or purchase a gun compleet, any help would be apreciated

2. yotehunter

yotehunter north west Active Member

I believe unless you get a class 3 license you have to get a tax stamp and the gun needs to be a pre 1986 being the reason why full autos are so expensive.

3. bmgm37

bmgm37 Coos Bay Active Member

To actually built a full auto gun, it would have to be made with a receiver that was registered before 1986 and is transferable. Depending on the the gun you want, and I am assuming you're talking M-16, there are still stripped registered lowers out there to build on, hard to find but our there. Both M-16 I have are PAWS lowers I bought stripped and built myself. Your best bet is on finding a complete gun. I have always done the legwork myself and had my dealer bring them into the state and do the transfer to me.

4. graydog

graydog Aloha,Oregon Member

Another option is a registered drop in auto sear.
    Sometimes they will throw in a free host rifle for the $10-$14,000!

5. onearmedswordsman

onearmedswordsman Hillsboro, OR Member

6. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

Gunny,

Your only option is a complete gun. anything made after may 5 1986 is a post sample machine gun. They can only be owned by LEO, Military, or FFL with SOT / Demo letter.

7. pencap

pencap Oregon Member

I wouldn't shoot anything built by WC.....

8. GUNNY

I know the owner of westcoast machine guns, what prob did you have with carlos

9. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

You have plenty of options with transferables. You could buy an HK registered sear and use a 3 round burst pack, You can buy a registered receiver HK or AR-15/M16 with 3 round burst packs. You could even use an AK with a Bulgarian or Romanian 3 round burst pack . FNC etc. It all depends how much you feel like spending. $8K to 20K .

10. GUNNY

So would'nt it be cheaper to get my 02 manufacture or an 07 and build an hk 91 from a parts kit?

11. wired

wired Yakima Well-Known Member

Not cheaper or easier. Transferable machine guns are literally free. You buy one. You shoot it for a few years until the novelty wears off and then you sell it for more than you paid for it.

A 02/07 SOT will cost you $2000 per year ( yes. it will. ffl fees plus ITAR ) and everything you make is only yours as long as you keep your license. Then you have to cut it all up or sell to other Class 3 dealers for scrap prices.

12. GUNNY

Good deal boys thanks.

(people sleep peacfully at night, only because rough men are prepared to do violence on there behalf)

13. TonsOfOregonBrass

TonsOfOregonBrass Sandy, OR Active Member

You actually loose money on every post sample you make. They are made for novelty and to demo to police / military in the hopes of getting a contract. Other then that you loose a lot of money.

Full autos are a lot of fun. They make a great investment. But if you just want to shoot them, let me know. I take mine out pretty regularly and let people shoot them for a small fee. It is a lot cheaper and easier then getting the ffl or buying a transferable just to shoot.

14. GUNNY

Thanks i apreciate that i was on you're web site a while ago, i'll have to go to the next shoot, i'll let you shoot my toys i'm not greedy,