JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My grandfather gave me this thing when I was 12 (30 years ago), now my son is 12 and wanting to restore it correct. It survived many engines and hard miles in my usage of it but it deserves some respect now. It is a Blazer brand that I was told built in the late 40's to early 50's. We are in the process of wet sandblasting it down to bare metal as he wants to paint it OD green with an Army white star. We've acquired a proper motor and have gone through the two speed transmission already. My needed advice is, does any company make a durable spray OD green paint or do I need to buy a paint spray gun? I can't wait to see him complete the project I was always too lazy to do right. He's been spending time with my dad in his shop building a new motor mount, foot pegs, and seats. Here's a couple pics of the project.
44AF0F5D-7CBA-4C31-B73C-7C8B1F8D56A1.jpeg
AA7193B8-F727-4D9C-BB7E-763CECBE8A68.jpeg
64EEB6AB-7713-43C5-A16B-BB90E132C464.jpeg

Bake-on enamel paint maybe? Think BBQ/High temperature paints? Or you could look into powder coating it.

Edit. Powdercoating is probably your best bet. There are also Duracoat and Cerakote but I believe powdercoating is more durable.

I agree with the duracoat, powder coat, cerakote but, I'm going to be painting it. Hope to have it primed in the next couple days while I decide what direction to go.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top