JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Today, I went out to a pit to do some plinking, first time since before Winter. When I was selecting ammo to take, I made a point of taking some odds and ends. I'm thinking here of the post yesterday where a member asked what ammo to I shoot first. Well, I should've added to my post there that sometimes I like to get rid of odd bits of ammo.

I have a bolt action Ruger 77 Mark II in ,.223, also a New England Firearms Handi-Rifle in ,.223. In those, I can shoot anything that a 1/12 bbl. will take. Including light loads. So in the past, I have marked boxes of this kind of ammo, "For Bolt Action Only." I took one of those boxes today by accident. I think I'd determined in the past that they would shoot but not fully cycle the action in my Colt AR. Today, I had an old Bushmaster, over 20 years old, a police or security guard trade-in that I bought. I tried the "bolt action only" ammo in it, they worked no problem. With the kind of delayed action report that comes from light loads that are cycling but not with the normal gusto of a full load.

These under-powered cartridges may have been left over from when I had a T/C Contender in .223 Rem.

My shelves are a bit cleaner tonight for letting these go down range.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top