JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
https://www.opticsplanet.com/lee-90269-extra-turret-1-n-a-4-hole.html

7ED4C385-C154-45DA-833E-0287533A831B.png

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
Is Optics Planet a place to go anymore ?
I personally don't go there because of the reports of unidentified out of stock items, unauthorized back orders, etc.
Maybe they have cleaned up their act ?

I personally don't go there because of the reports of unidentified out of stock items, unauthorized back orders, etc.

No, they haven't.

I ordered a "in stock" flashlight on Jan. 6th. Credit card was charged two days later. I canceled the order in the first week of Feb. after no indication of the item ever having been shipped. No response back and no refund. I finally just called my credit card company and had them reverse the charges.

Optics Planet is a scam IMO.

-E-

I've had good luck with them and have also had to cancel an order due to a long backorder. My card was refunded the day after I sent the cancelation request. Keep in mind that they are a reseller and count on their provider to give them accurate stock and lead time information.

I've had good luck with them and have also had to cancel an order due to a long backorder. My card was refunded the day after I sent the cancelation request. Keep in mind that they are a reseller and count on their provider to give them accurate stock and lead time information.

Same overall experience.... I once ordered something actually listed as back-ordered, but after 3 weeks past the "expected arrival time" I cancelled and found it in stock elsewhere for $20 more. The refund was posted the next day or so.

Well I guess maybe I got lucky with them in the past ? I hope I get it lol I will take the chance for 17.00 bucks each I will take the chance they didn't charge my card and email said it won't until it ships.

Your mileage may vary.....The issue with them is that they'll show something in stock, so if they list it as in stock, your order will immediately move to 'Processing'. Once your order is Processing, you can't do anything to the order (cancel, update qty, etc). My last order was 100% in stock and 'Processing' for a month with no ability to do anything but wait for them to finally ship it the 2 Day Air it qualified for. Shipped the order back yesterday and likely will never spend another dime there.

Their online ads don't ID backorder items very well, but they have always been clearly noted once I got to their actual storefront.

Am I the only person who has ever gotten anything from them ? Sorry I didn't know they had that bad of rep or I wouldn't have posted it, even on their site up until this morning everywhere had it listed as backorder

Am I the only person who has ever gotten anything from them ? Sorry I didn't know they had that bad of rep or I wouldn't have posted it, even on their site up until this morning everywhere had it listed as backorder
No, sorry for muddying up your post. It was good and informative. Someone asked about the company, so I opened my fat mouth. FWIW, I've ordered a few thousand worth from them in the past. But no mas....

No, sorry for muddying up your post. It was good and informative. Someone asked about the company, so I opened my fat mouth. FWIW, I've ordered a few thousand worth from them in the past. But no mas....
it's good to know they do business like that
I normally stick to midway or brownells but I have gotten a few things from them. I will be a bit more careful what I order in the future from them

I ordered a charging handle and lower parts. My email stated it would be 6-8 weeks until it's shipped. Don't know if I'd use them for anything you need in a short amount of time

I have purchased many items from optics planet. However, the current market condition has totally overwhelmed their ability to keep up with their stocking needs and sales volume. I have noticed in the past few weeks, they have been better about trying to show out of stock and estimated order fill times. I am currently awaiting a 204 barrel which showed in stock when I ordered it a few months ago. I am going to patiently wait on them as I cannot find an equal barrel in stock anywhere and all possible ship dates from other sources are way out in the future. One of the other issues, many manufacturers have not been able to timely ship orders due to both covid and the giant demand for shooting industry product.

That is an excellent price if you get it. I can not believe how much those have gone up in price since I bought them last. Fleabay has them from to 60 to 100.:(

No they haven't. Previously I had good service. Currently waiting for parts. New date over a month from original ship date. Was listed as in stock but wasn't.

No they haven't. Previously I had good service. Currently waiting for parts. New date over a month from original ship date. Was listed as in stock but wasn't.
Yep same here been waiting for an item since July with a 7-9 wk ship. have been pushed back twice now and last one had no ETA at all. Havnt been charged yet so no big deal but glad I didnt need it sooner. More of a game now to see how long they end up taking.

I've never had any real issues with the Opticsplanet. Even little hiccups, they've been diligent & professional from my experience.

I recently had backorder on Leupold DeltaPoint Micro(for Glock), but I couldn't wait, so I canceled it. They never charged my card for the backorder & cancellation was fast & easy.

They seem to be sold out on lot of items & having inventory issues, but by my observation, that's like everybody since 2020. *shrug*

I have an in-stock order (confirmed yesterday) awaiting shipment which I paid for on February 1st. They said they are behind. I did have an order ship today that I made on January 6 though so that is good :mad:

I'm done with them.

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews