JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Here in the valley (Idaho side of the River anyways) the kids (all grades, even at LSSC) have been in school pretty much as normal since Sept, and as far as I can tell (I'm no expert) most of they seem to still be still alive, and I haven't heard of any dead teachers or administrators either....(can't count bus drivers 'cuz they're already dead inside)
But... there seem to be an awful lot of places where its still on-line classes (as I understand it that's generally where the teachers pretend to teach and the students pretend to learn). So, if those schools finally get back to doing what they're intended to do...should their students that have been forced to miss pretty much an entire year(grade) be required to repeat it?...pass a test to move on?... should diplomas/degrees be required to have an asterisk indicating "not a full season" like in the sports record books?....
... anyone have an opinion.... anyone care? (we already know many politicians and Teacher's Unions don't)

If the neighbor's kid only just learned to drive on-line (would requiring a high score in "Grand Theft Auto" count) should they be on the road?

Sadly LARGE portions of the public education system LONG ago stopped actually teaching. Anyone who works in hiring can tell you how sad it often is watching the parade of people come in who have a diploma and seemed to have learned little. Not sure you can "fail" in many of the schools now, that is no longer allowed. So of course when these kids end up in the workforce they get hit with reality and it's all someone else's fault. :s0092:
I had to laugh, sadly, again at one of my kids. She has long been a Bernie supporter, loves his "ideas". She is in management, had to do a lot of hiring. Is again frustrated at how hard it is to hire anyone because they are getting "free money" so they don't want a job. So she deals with this headache, then goes home dreaming of Bernie fixing it all :confused:

295685_image.jpg

My school has been going 4 days a week since September of this year.
We have "A" class on Monday and Tuesday and "B" class on Thursday and Friday.
Wednesday's are for cleaning and meetings.
Yes the kids have missed a lot of school...and yes we as teachers know this , as well as the kids themselves.

I know that in my school we are trying all that we can do , to give our students the best education that we can , with the situation that we are in.
Andy

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads