JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its for the best... Keeps goobermint snoopers from dragging up useable material to use against gun owners.

Actually i'd say having it disabled makes it easier for goobermint snoopers to keep track of useable material to use against gun owners, with the intent of making it harder for gun owners to go through their old posts to delete, before the goobermint has had a chance to analyze the material. To think a search feature isn't allowed to them automatically via seperate software or a backdoor thats intentionally left open specifically for them by the host server, is being naive. I welcome goobermint snooping, someday they might actually learn something lol

Well it backfired! i have searched page by page by page, 1 million and 5 and will search page by page by page to find what i want found.... I have seen guns i never would have searched for that now i want and have to have so my gun collection apparently is not going to stop at 9 long rifles but more like 15 long rifles.... Thank You Obama! :cool:

As it has been here since it went down earlier this week.

Hmmmmmmm

It hasn't been there since Joe put the big red notification on the top of the forum or 03/06/2013. From said notification....

Monday our server went down, and went down hard. Most of you were unable to access the site, and for those who could simple pages took several minutes to render and load. I've been working night and day on this trying to find a way to go a little bit longer with what we have now. A bit more optimization here or there, reconfiguring the applications that the site runs on, tweak settings, and anything else myself and four tier 3 technicians could imagine. Unfortunately, none of this worked. This morning we decided to bring our server up in a 'limp mode' of sorts, with most features disabled, limited PM's, no search feature, no activity stream, no regional classifieds. Even in this limp mode, this is merely a band-aid which will not last. We are left with only one option: we have to upgrade to a newer, faster server.

There are a bunch of threads about it missing since then. And if you want to search, there are very easy ways around it. Are you prevented from using Google? site:www.northwestfirearms.com "search term" when you use Google, remove the quotes. On some sites it works better then the search canned with Vbulletin.

guys, it doesn't stop anyone from searching sites that are fully indexed by google. you can typically search a whole forum by entering your search terms into google and adding after your search term: site:northwestfirearms.com

the content may just be a couple days out of date, since google can't provide real-time results like the forum's search function can.

the reason you're seeing search functions disabled on several gun forums, including this one, is that a lot of gun forums are experiencing huge amounts of traffic in the last few months with users constantly checking in on new proposed legislation, looking for deals, trying to buy & sell, etc. so there is already a ton of traffic on all of these forums, traffic which bogs down the servers as-is.

the search function of most web forum software is a huge CPU user. it takes a lot of work for a server to search the forum database, and it can bog down an overloaded server very quickly with just a handful of searches going on. this is the reason why when a forum is overloaded, search is often the first thing to get turned off.

the reason you're seeing search functions disabled on several gun forums, including this one, is that a lot of gun forums are experiencing huge amounts of traffic in the last few months.

Most users ever online on this site was 1,568, 08-07-2012 at 10:24 PM. Four months before newtown & the supposedly upswing of traffic that we have now, however we never had any problems with server hosting at that time when we were at peak traffic. Similiar numbers on ar15.com & other firearms sites show their peak amount of traffic happened long before Newtown. If you think its below the government to force firearm related websites to adhere to new arbitrary rules that they made up out of thin air since newtown, then you're blind to the hand that they have had in large banks now refusing to do business with firearms related business's & sporting goods stores pulling certain types of firearms from their shelves etc....

The only terrorist group capable of restricting freedoms on a national scale to ALL Americans, is the US government.

Most users ever online on this site was 1,568, 08-07-2012 at 10:24 PM. Four months before newtown & the supposedly upswing of traffic that we have now, however we never had any problems with server hosting at that time when we were at peak traffic. Similiar numbers on ar15.com & other firearms sites show their peak amount of traffic happened long before Newtown. If you think its below the government to force firearm related websites to adhere to new arbitrary rules that they made up out of thin air since newtown, then you're blind to the hand that they have had in large banks now refusing to do business with firearms related business's & sporting goods stores pulling certain types of firearms from their shelves etc....

The only terrorist group capable of restricting freedoms on a national scale to ALL Americans, is the US government.

Some of the performance problems can come from upgrades and how various plugins integrate with the upgrades. Web applications are like roads in that there can be multiple reasons they are congested. Large amounts of traffic is a major cause but other things can easily create a bottleneck as well.

Some of the performance problems can come from upgrades and how various plugins integrate with the upgrades. Web applications are like roads in that there can be multiple reasons they are congested. Large amounts of traffic is a major cause but other things can easily create a bottleneck as well.

Yes & the way ALL Firearm websites with forums has had to suddenly change drastically to not allowing anymore in house search engines on these websites makes one wonder if the Hosting service sites such as hostway.com etc... have had their arms twisted by the F'd up fed, into signing onto a new 'eula' regarding privacy & what can & can NOT be discussed & what can & can NOT be utilized (such as on site search engines for users) by webmasters on their own sites, when using their hosting services. More Censorship.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top