JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone seen a change in Hogdons Clays, I haven't reloaded 45 ACP in a while and just picked up a pound of it from Cabelas and it has a Yellowish look to it now. The darker powder is Clays from some reloads I made years ago, and the stuff on the right is the new powder.
Just to be clear this is Clays, not universal or international. Anyone else seeing this in the clays powder they have bought recently?

L95XuoJ.jpg

Interesting. Now I have to go out to the garage and look at mine!

Edit: I have a jug of Clays, not Universal or International, that i bought years ago (maybe 10yrs)... it looks like it's in between the colors of your two pics. Perhaps due to aging, perhaps due to the yellow on one side of some flakes. But I'd have to say it leans more towards the pic on the right.

Last Edited:
I've witnessed Sportsmans taking return of powder from folks that pushed hard enough. It would go right back on the shelf.

I'd double check it with the manufacturer before use if it were me.

When I first glanced at the thread title, I read "Odd colored hotdog clays" and I thought, you must be eating the wrong hotdogs then. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top