Reactions
Has anyone seen a change in Hogdons Clays, I haven't reloaded 45 ACP in a while and just picked up a pound of it from Cabelas and it has a Yellowish look to it now. The darker powder is Clays from some reloads I made years ago, and the stuff on the right is the new powder.
Just to be clear this is Clays, not universal or international. Anyone else seeing this in the clays powder they have bought recently?

L95XuoJ.jpg

bbbass

Reactions
Interesting. Now I have to go out to the garage and look at mine!

Edit: I have a jug of Clays, not Universal or International, that i bought years ago (maybe 10yrs)... it looks like it's in between the colors of your two pics. Perhaps due to aging, perhaps due to the yellow on one side of some flakes. But I'd have to say it leans more towards the pic on the right.

Last Edited:
Reactions
I’ve witnessed Sportsmans taking return of powder from folks that pushed hard enough. It would go right back on the shelf.

I’d double check it with the manufacturer before use if it were me.

bbbass

Reactions
Mine also. Looks more like the one on the right in the OP pic. Mine was purchased at bi-mart.

Mine was purchased at CRS. :D

Hey filsonhand, date code? What date code??? I looked all over that jug and don't see anything that looks even close to a mfg date. Help a guy out please!

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors August 2-Day Show
Hillsboro, OR
Wes Knodel Gun Shows
Chehalis, WA
Rimfire Challenge
Canby, OR

Latest Resource Reviews

Back Top