JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
As a new teacher I am seeking to stock my classroom as much as possible with unwanted but educationally usable items that are collecting dust in peoples houses. Office supplies, games, maps, binders, file folders, magazines that I won't get fired for if I have in my classroom ;) you name it, if you are wondering if I would be interested in something just ask. If you are in the greater Puget Sound area and you happen to have amassed or know someone who has amassed some of this and is just eventually going to chuck it, we can put it to good use in the classroom. Small toys / trinkets also are great because they can be a major incentive / prize for students if we do any competitions in class.

Current class is 6th grade in elementary. Next year 6th grade is being moved into the middle school and I am hoping to teach 5th grade and desire to career in 5th grade.

I have also created a Donor's Choose project that I am seeking funding for to create a well stocked game cupboard so all these kids can 'unplug.'

If you feel so inclined to Donate, don't forget to use the code "RIPPLE" and it will match donations up to $50. Donations are tax deductible because Donors Choose is a 501c3 Non-Profit organization. Plus you will get a really sweet thank you card signed by all my students and me!

Operation: 'Unplug.' Board Games to the Rescue! | DonorsChoose.org project by Mr. Taylor

If you want to meet a very rare type of teacher (at least in this area) in the future, I hang out at Renton Fish and Game Club from time to time and we could always meet up there, enjoy shooting, and I could accept any of the above items you may wish to donate. I was there last Saturday participating in the 'Black Rifle' competition.

Thank you.

Last Edited:
My aunt just retired as a paraeducator end of last year. If you can give us a better idea of what grade level/etc., I'll ask her if she can think of anything she might be up for letting go that fits the bill.

What age group? There are several of us on here that are teachers.

My aunt just retired as a paraeducator end of last year. If you can give us a better idea of what grade level/etc., I'll ask her if she can think of anything she might be up for letting go that fits the bill.

Thanks for the inquiries, I updated my original post. I'm currently teaching 6th grade in elementary, but as it is being moved to middle school next year. Hope to teach 5th grade and remain in elementary.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top