JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A lot of folks on here aren't into football, no sweat there. But it struck me earlier that there has to be some fans of the country's most popular sport on the forum. Anyone here into Fantasy Football? I've played about four years, although all with completely random people. Probably wont shake out, but I was wondering if anyone would be interested in an NWFA FF league? The season is coming up and I have yet to get into it this year. Was wondering if anyone else was involved, or would be interested in getting involved?

if it could be done on the forum i wouldnt be opposed to it but i know nothing about how to play it. ive been told it can be a fun pass time and doesnt require long hours to play.

Nope, it doesn't require a lot of time investment. Mostly during the draft which goes a bit slow. That's the only real time consuming bit. I usually do it on ESPN. You all get in a room together, you decide who runs it, what kind of draft (Snake is where it goes like the real draft, each time picks a player, in order, Auction is where you have a set amount of money and you bid on players) you take your players.

QB
RB
RB
WR
WR
RB/WR (This can be either a RB or WR
Tight End
Defense/special teams
Kicker
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench
Bench

Once everyone has a full roster, you set your lineups each week before the games start, because once a game starts, you're locked in.

There is a waiver wire, so if a player gets injured, you can pickup another and drop the old one, etc. It's really quite fun if you follow football.

Legends?! whiskey-tango-foxtrot? What is this world coming to when you can't parade hot chicks around in frilly underwear and shoulder pads and call it lingerie? And, to think, I was gonna get Seattle Mist season tickets while I wait for my number to come up for the Seahawks.

For shame.

Oh. And, I'd be down for a FFL, no pun intended. Provided those who sign up are fans of the NFL and will keep their head in it for the whole season. Maybe the forum or a supporting vendor can pony up some sort of swag for win-place-show and that'll keep people's interest. And, how about only opening entry to members that donate to the forum (I know I haven't yet, but might be a good excuse to get off my caboose and do it).

Thoughts? I could set the league up on ESPN as a simple basic league. Auto draft so there is no need to try to organize one. Anyone interested should go to ESPNs web site and read a bit about the league and sign up for a free account.

Anyone think they can beat the Portland Plague?

Legends?! whiskey-tango-foxtrot? What is this world coming to when you can't parade hot chicks around in frilly underwear and shoulder pads and call it lingerie? And, to think, I was gonna get Seattle Mist season tickets while I wait for my number to come up for the Seahawks.

For shame.

Oh. And, I'd be down for a FFL, no pun intended. Provided those who sign up are fans of the NFL and will keep their head in it for the whole season. Maybe the forum or a supporting vendor can pony up some sort of swag for win-place-show and that'll keep people's interest. And, how about only opening entry to members that donate to the forum (I know I haven't yet, but might be a good excuse to get off my caboose and do it).

Thoughts? I could set the league up on ESPN as a simple basic league. Auto draft so there is no need to try to organize one. Anyone interested should go to ESPNs web site and read a bit about the league and sign up for a free account.

Anyone think they can beat the Portland Plague?

The Hades Hellhounds would be down :s0114: except autodraft is pretty icky and doesn't lend itself to real tense draft situations.

I'd be down with the rest of it though.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top