JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Welcome aboard
You just joined the biggest gun-rights organization in the world.
Thanks for adding your voice tothe cause of Second Amendment freedom!:s0155:

Its worth it, they arnt perfect but they do help protect our 2a rights and you get a magazine subscription, as mentioned above there are several other pro 2a organizations need your support also.

Better play to look for the $600 Easy Pay Life at $25/mo. You don't get to vote as Annual without five consecutive years, and I've heard of dissident Annuals having their payments "lost" long enough to lapse them and reset the clock.

Once you're paid off Life, you get to vote every year until either you die or they find a way to kick you For Cause.

And watch for good deals. I went for the lifetime membership after Cankles called me a deplorable. They had 50% off, so like 300 bucks at the time.

I am a Benefactor Life Member. I was convinced to be one by my pistol coach and mentor who was a board member at NRA and was president of OSRPA years ago.

Yea most of my family are all life members, just didnt really know if it was something that had a legitimate benefit outside a sticker to say you are a member.

Don't hesitate. I wish every gun owner would see the light and support the NRA, GOA, SAF, OFF and all the others. Even with the scandals at the NRA, they've shown up to challenge ballot measures here in Oregon. I'll continue to support them...

For all its warts and wrinkles, the NRA is the one that strikes terror in the hearts of the gun-grabbers. And with good reason.

Though annoyed (to put it mildly) at some of their moves, I've been a member since I was 17 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. I also am a member and financially support several other national and state-level pro-RKBA organizations and will continue to do so.

So, yes, I think it is worthwhile. For those that cannot support the NRA, OK, but please join and back another viable nation level pro-2A group.

Idaho Second Amendment Alliance is a local, grassroots lobby group that is also worthy of your support. You can thank them for constitutional carry, castle doctrine, stand your ground, constitutional carry expansion to include non Idaho residents, fighting localities statewide for preemption and a host of other legislation.

For ten bucks a month you'll recieve some pretty cool swag as well.

These days, regardless of which organization you join, remember they are truly "Grassroots" and can't get much done without your participation. On a recent trip to Olympia for legislative hearings on firearms bills, I was amazed at how well financed and organized the Bloomberg crowd was compared to our side. Big charter buses, paid meals, nice sweaters and scarves, and plenty of paid testimony. Sure, the NRA was there, but not as many grassroots backers made the trip as should have. Just because you "belong" to an organization doesn't give you a pass to have others do the heavy lifting. At the very least, if you can't make it to legislative hearings, constant correspondence with your elected reps via email or phone calls is in order. Our local rifle club is always ready to rent a van or two to help get folks transported and involved. There should have been many more 2A supporters there than there was, and it wasn't because the NRA failed to get the word out. NRA-ILA is very good at getting action notices out, but it's up to us to act on it.

Bill

It's often said in geopolitical circles, "we don't hate your countrymen; it's just your leaders we can't stand."
There's strength in numbers - and we have to all stay committed to the cause by enlisting others to join together for a common cause.
I'm the NRA

Along with the minor benefits already mentioned let me add one benny and one depends on how you like mail.
1. Benefit. Many ranges require NRA membership to be a member. This is so they can get NRA funding in the future. So already having you membership will make that easier.
2. Life membership on the payment plan is a grrat way to go unless you are older.
Drawbacks:
A. Hope you are ready to be overloaded with marketing, fund raising, and other junk mail from the various arms of the NRA. Including lots of expensive pricey mailing for contests, free china stuff, and the occasional cool item.
B. no you are on a list.Sure its big but you are now on the list. Expect an increase int he junk mail to your email as well. I use a separated email and a filter to funnel it into a folder I can bulk delete every so often.

I am a Patriot Life member but and support them but also would love to see a change in leadership.

These days, regardless of which organization you join, remember they are truly "Grassroots" and can't get much done without your participation. On a recent trip to Olympia for legislative hearings on firearms bills, I was amazed at how well financed and organized the Bloomberg crowd was compared to our side. Big charter buses, paid meals, nice sweaters and scarves, and plenty of paid testimony. Sure, the NRA was there, but not as many grassroots backers made the trip as should have. Just because you "belong" to an organization doesn't give you a pass to have others do the heavy lifting. At the very least, if you can't make it to legislative hearings, constant correspondence with your elected reps via email or phone calls is in order. Our local rifle club is always ready to rent a van or two to help get folks transported and involved. There should have been many more 2A supporters there than there was, and it wasn't because the NRA failed to get the word out. NRA-ILA is very good at getting action notices out, but it's up to us to act on it.

Bill

Well said brother. And you are so right about people just wanting to pay their money to a Pro 2A org and then not do nothing else to help the cause.

We cannot continue to be lazy...

I recently paid NRA (begrudgingly, for reasons), SAF and GOA, have yet to contact OFF and donate to them again. I don't know that we very anything directly, save for a magazine with subpar content and fear mongering, but I feel like I'm helping stem the tide that's eroding my rights and believe we should all at least do that much. Good on you for joining up.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top