JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Trying to get rid of a few items in my garage and listed a set of running boards for a 4runner and a brand new in the box intake, cam and lifter set for a small-block Chevy. I post the running boards, mask my phone number by using words for numbers, and an hour later, so far so good.

Then I list the manifold and cam kit using the same technique to mask my phone number. Within 5 minutes, I get a text asking if they can send me a "code" to make sure I'm real. I check the number and it returns to an elderly Hispanic woman in California. I delete the text. Now I'm getting blasted every two minutes from this number with text messages asking to send me a code and question marks.

Just awful how scammers have ruined everything.

My phone only showed the option to mute the conversation, which I did, and so far so good.

I'd only post items here, but I'm on the East side and haven't found anything I'm will to ship that is worthwhile.

I haven't been able to figure out how to block phone numbers. Yeah....modern tech and all that.

Anyway.....everyday at about 0900 hrs. I get a phone call from some unknown caller/person wanting to extend my car warranty. Comes in handy as an additional alarm.

Maybe, one day I should actually answer it and greet him/her with a fine and cheery.....

"Explicative Good Morning."

Aloha, Mark

PS....as for Craigslist.

Well, ever since the "personals" was taken off......

Yeah.....prices are up. LOL.

Last Edited:
The solution I have long used for this is a "burner phone". I have had one since before I ever heard that term for them. When kids left Wife and I dropped the house lines. One day when she was at work I had trouble with my phone and could of course not call them to fix it. So bought a pre paid phone and always kept it live just as a "just in case". So since then every time I sell anything, that is the number used. Also made another free email addy for this. When I am not selling anything the phone is off. When I have sold I always only gave the e-mail addy in the ad. Then if someone was interested I would e-mail back the number to that phone. I turn it on now and then and there will be some texts and at times even voice mails of course. Just delete them. FAR better than ever putting my Number out there.

I am looking to sell a '72 Suzuki 550GT that would be a good find for an enthusiast of old bikes, but not sure what advertising medium to use. Craigslist et.al. really put me off for all the aforementioned reasons and more.
I'm checking out Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts with an eye to selling it through them. Does anybody have a suggestion?

I am looking to sell a '72 Suzuki 550GT that would be a good find for an enthusiast of old bikes, but not sure what advertising medium to use. Craigslist et.al. really put me off for all the aforementioned reasons and more.
I'm checking out Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts with an eye to selling it through them. Does anybody have a suggestion?
Have not looked in a long time but do they still have that weekly ad paper, Little Nickle I think it was called? Or those things you used to see at the check out with just cars and bikes for sale with pics? Never go inside to pay any more so have not noticed if they are still around?

2 ideas.
1) I use a Google Voice account the very few times I've sold something on Craigslist or other generic sites. Lots of notification/management options
2) There's a vintage bike repair shop by my office. I can find out if they buy or have a resource they know of. I'm not really in a place to buy, but love to be tempted if you want to PM me the details. I used to restore the DOHC Honda CBs from that same era

Last Edited:

have you considered ebay ? I tend to browse there mororcycle section occasionally.

I get 3-5 unknown calls a day. That I don't answer

a few months ago I was getting calls from my own phone number. I was almost tempted to answer because it might of been me from the future calling to warn myself about something very. Ominous that was coming

I get 3-5 unknown calls a day. That I don't answer

a few months ago I was getting calls from my own phone number. I was almost tempted to answer because it might of been me from the future calling to warn myself about something very. Ominous that was coming
I've had those too. I was all :eek:

Don't know who or how my number got where it did, I often get emails right to my phone number from many different singles ready to mingle and the addresses are all gibberish so I can't just block them. Believe me, I'd rather just have the phone numbers

1) "I get 3-5 unknown calls a day. That I don't answer"
That's all?

2) " Or God. "
God speaks to me through my hearing aids.

3) " I was almost tempted to answer because it might of been me from the future calling to warn myself about something very. Ominous that was coming "
Do you O.D. on Southpark reruns too?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR