JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm in the market for a higher end AR. I had been dead set on buying a 16" LaRue OBR 5.56 but lately I've been considering purchasing a Noveske. Problem is that I honestly don't know too much about them and forum searches don't turn up much. Seems like a cool company and I was born and raised in Oregon so supporting a local company appeals to me, especially after John's passing.

Are there any Noveske owners/enthusiasts/fans that could educate me about the pros and cons of Noveske rifles? I'd really like to hear the nitty gritty of everything-not just the barrels. FYI, I've been mainly looking at the N4 Light Recce w/ NSR.

Thanks guys.

EDIT: PS - Any links to reading material and/or videos with good substance would be appreciated.

I have 2 LaRue's on order since 8/2012 (PredatAR) and 11/2012 (PredatOBR) and they are not shipping. When I placed the order there was a 12-16 WEEK wait time (on the PredatAR) and now it's looking like its going the be 12-16 MONTHS and who knows how long for the PredatOBR :( I am too seriously considering canceling and going with Noveske!

[video=youtube_share;wLqPyAr9flw]http://youtu.be/wLqPyAr9flw[/video]

Before I bought my BCM's I spent a lot time at the forums on m4carbine.net. There are trainloads of info there.

If you go there and do a bit of research you will find references to "The Chart". For a variety of reasons, Rob Sloyer, the author of "The Chart" took it bown. Seems there were a lot of guys upon learning they do not have a "top tiered" gun took it personal and wanted to argue. And word has it one or more of the "lower tiered" brand(s) didn't like beign compaired to "top tiered" makes like Colt, or BCM and seeing why they were considered "lower tiered" on the internet and threatened legal action as well. Mr. Sloyer ended up taking down "The Chart" for the PITA reasons. However, he left the recipe up for those interested enough. Then they can make their own chart and come to a better, more informed decision. Thankfully I kept a copy and even still refer to it from time to time.

Goo luck.

I have a Noveske 10.5" SBR and it is stupid accurate! Only thing is, even with it at 10.5" it's still heavier than the 16" AR it replaced. I don't mind the weight when shooting, I just wouldn't want to carry it all day. Gary

I have 2 LaRue's on order since 8/2012 (PredatAR) and 11/2012 (PredatOBR) and they are not shipping. When I placed the order there was a 12-16 WEEK wait time (on the PredatAR) and now it's looking like its going the be 12-16 MONTHS and who knows how long for the PredatOBR :( I am too seriously considering canceling and going with Noveske!

[video=youtube_share;wLqPyAr9flw]http://youtu.be/wLqPyAr9flw[/video]

That sucks! LaRue's are so awesome but that is just outrageous. Good luck.

@BAMCIS - Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check that out. Could you PM me a copy of that chart?

captqc - Good to know. I'm gonna have to lay hands on one before I buy and determine if the weight is too much. I don't think it will be.

That sucks! LaRue's are so awesome but that is just outrageous. Good luck.

@BAMCIS - Thanks for the link. I'll definitely check that out. Could you PM me a copy of that chart?

captqc - Good to know. I'm gonna have to lay hands on one before I buy and determine if the weight is too much. I don't think it will be.

I'll try and weigh it and post the results. Captqc

I've shot both Noveske and LaRue (belonging to a friend). I wouldn't kick either one out of bed but if it were my choice, I'd give the Noveske the edge. (But don't listen to me. I'm a relative newb AND a girl...I just wanted to say "I've shot both Noveske and LaRue". :s0114:)

(Disclaimer: I have a DDM4v7 and I couldn't be happier...unless I could talk my friend out of his Noveske without giving up the former.)

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top