JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son who has bought and sold on this site for some time recommended NWF because its local. So I joined and put a revolver up for sale, but on advice from a senior NWF member researched online further and after finding that I was way under a market value changed the posting accordingly.
Apparently some here think that newbie posters shouldn't ever adjust their posted price, except downward, and be held to the business standards of a dealer/broker.
Thanks to those that welcomed me and were helpful by suggesting online sources to find a current market value range for my revolver.

The internet is full of people who think they are a gift to all mankind and everyone should listen to them.

Ignore them, and move on.

Well, try to ignore them. If you can't, go to the range and allow the badness leave you through the barrel. :)

Welcome to NWFirearms - It is the internet, there are children playing here! Present yourself as you wish to be understood and ignore those that try to get under your skin. You have no need for them anyway.
There are a lot of good people around this place, Enjoy Yourself.
Silver Hand

Try and look at it from a buyers point of view.
You offered the S&W revolver for about 1/2 the going price. Then four posts later, someone pointed out that it was under valued.
You then retracted the set price and tripled it. You had already received three PM's before the your price change.
You could have sent a private message to the first responder and explained the situation and let him offer a price that he might be willing to pay.
You set things in motion by not doing any research as to the value of the S&W. Anyone capable of setting up a membership account on Northwest Firearms is certainly capable of looking up the value of any firearm.
Maybe you should pick up your marbles and go play someplace else.

jbett98 - I like what you have written to Pirogue to the point of asking him to leave.

WE all make mistakes - We are all driven by our emotions at times. I myself have notified several people there firearms were under priced. Some of which I would loved to have in my collection but fair is fair and I like to treat people as I would like to be treated.
Silver Hand

^^^ Sounded to me like a suggestion and possible solution. Not a direct request. No sympathy here, whining on the new member introductions thread? Eh!

The internet is full of people who think they are a gift to all mankind and everyone should listen to them.

Ignore them, and move on.

Well, try to ignore them. If you can't, go to the range and allow the badness leave you through the barrel. :)

Very true Morpheus. Maybe thats why sellers are attracted to the auction sites, if your private reserve is not met you can try again without p****ng anyone off.

Thanks Jbett. Where is this rule published? Like I said I'm new to the NW site.

If you call up a store and ask for a selling price on an item and they quote you x amount over the phone, then when you arrive at the store they have jacked up the price three times the quote, how would you feel about it.
Would you buy the item or tell the store to sod off.

I have to agree with jbet here. Takes about one minute to open another window go to buds or gunbroker and get a general idea of value. Most in here seem to start out a bit high and adjust their price down ward accordingly. Imho you chose to let some one else do your leg work, in the real world that usually costs you apx 20%.

Pirogue - I think the issue members had with it is more of "a deal is a deal" mentality. There is a certain unwritten code of ethics that most adhere to on this site, and a new member coming in and posting his first posts in the classifieds then reneging on the original deal ruffled some feathers.

You seem like a good guy - if you sell your gun here consider becoming a contributing member! Glad to have you aboard and good luck with your cool piece.

Pirogue - I think the issue members had with it is more of "a deal is a deal" mentality. There is a certain unwritten code of ethics that most adhere to on this site, and a new member coming in and posting his first posts in the classifieds then reneging on the original deal ruffled some feathers.

You seem like a good guy - if you sell your gun here consider becoming a contributing member! Glad to have you aboard and good luck with your cool piece.

Do dealer/brokers have to identify themselves on this site for ethical reasons?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top