JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I would think a dealer would require a back ground check for firearms sales, unlike a private party transaction.
That alone might be a reason for identifying they're a dealer.

If you set a price, you set a price. A man of his word wouldn't change the price after being contacted by buyers, regardless of reason.
Most men don't put a price tag on their word or honor. I've been in your shoes and chalked it up to experience.

He deserves the flack. I went back and read his ad and the following posts. I don't think anyone was out of line. If this issue is dropped here he is lucky. nobody even gave him bad feedback! I had a negative issue with a seller and gave them bad feed back and I got "revenge" bad feedback for it. The OP has the chance to keep a 100% rating... He has learned to do a little research before posting and had a chance to meet some of our more active members. Better luck next time and welcome to the forum!

Last Edited:
I have to agree with jbet here. Takes about one minute to open another window go to buds or gunbroker and get a general idea of value. Most in here seem to start out a bit high and adjust their price down ward accordingly. Imho you chose to let some one else do your leg work, in the real world that usually costs you apx 20%.

What is "buds"?

Pirogue, welcome to the forums !!!!

Think of it like this: LOOK at the posts in this section called new-member introductions yours has FIVE STARS by it, and that means folks voted on this thread!!!!

Why you old disturber Of the Peace, you !!!!! My suggestion to you is In the Future, if you Join a Forum, read som posts in the New Member area, then, Post in the New Member area,a Hello,I am so & so, and New to Forum Stuff, so I ~will~ Try & not make misTakes, err Misteaks, uhh, spellin Airs might B a problem,but Geeeh, give me a Brake, then wink, like this ;) and if you get Flacked,

Welcome to the Internet, where anonimity is your Worst Best Friend, or something of that nature !! N

Interesting thread, I agree with both sides, unless you slip me a Fiver, hen I will be yer "Buds" heh.

(Now visualize slipping me a cyber fiver ...) ;)

philip,
In the BoonDocks, I use a flat bottom boat thingie, is that a Pirogue ??????

Asking price is asking price. Shame on you OP for not doing your homework first then whining about it later. "Whaaaa I listed a gun more valuable than I thought." "Whaaa now I want sympathy". Really? IMHO the worst kind of seller is the one that tries to INCREASE their price from their original asking price for ANY reason. I've never had a deal go NORTH of asking price based on "fair market value" but if I did I'd be posting a thread here asking all members to stay away from said buyer.

Suck it up and sell the piece for your original asking price, if for nothing more than to save face.

I listed a certain firearm for a certain price recently on a certain site and had one person respond with a low offer. I countered with a offer. After doing a bit more research I decided to raise my price but I did offer this person my counter offer for 24 hours. Mind you this is a very rare pistol and there is very little on the net about it. Glad he didn't take my counter offer but still had to give him a chance to respond back. It's your stuff do what you want but don't expect to make any friends if you write something on the net and then don't stand by your words... Remember once you write anything on the net your bound to get crap for it sooner or later.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top