JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sometimes I lay awake in bed pondering things. Not important things by any means, but I don't have the daily stresses to think about like most of you who thought getting married and having kids was a great idea. Morons. I mostly think about my hobbies, how to enjoy them more, obtaining new ones, etc.

As most of you know I have the answers to virtually everything, being gifted and all this comes easy for me. But last night I couldn't wrap my head around a couple things I keep seeing in the classifieds. I've noticed quite a few of you like to have your handguns Cerakoted professionally. Quite a few of you like to have your handguns Cerakoted professionally and before the Cerakote is even dry you've got it up for sale on the board. What kind of special needs individual thinks this is a brilliant business decision? Why would you spend $150-$200 on a custom Cerakote job just to turn around and sell it days later?!?! Or is it possible you're more shady than you are special? What are you trying to hide on that gun Gilbert, rust? It's rust isn't it? Is it wear, the DHS size orders of ammo you ran through it but don't want anyone to know? Or could it be that custom Cerakote job changed the tolerances and now it has more problems than a math book?

300hdsw.jpg

Before my pain meds wear off I have one more bone to pick with Mr. 16 Additional Mags Guy. You want me to believe your gun has only a 1,000 rounds through it, yet you claim all those mags that look like they went through World War II you bought as new (at MSRP of course, resulting in your asking price). And what's with the weird markings at the bottom of the base plates? Get bored with your Crayolas one night?

I really hope somebody's offended by this. If not then I feel I've wasted a solid 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. But if I take another pill maybe I'll forget I wasted those minutes, hhmmmm...

Anything in the classifieds baffle you guys?

Three things irk me listings for hundreds of dollars over msrp on currently avalable anywhere guns, my other one is the "custom" heading, just because your ar has a magpul grip does not make it custom same goes for the 800 dollar sks because it has a crappy tapco stock somehow makes the value go up by 500 bills also calling a shotgun a shotty makes me grind my teeth at night

They have to sell it quick because if they breathe on it wrong it'll get all scratched up and look like crap and then no one would give them a nickel for it. I think.
Plus, (I don't know though) can't you just rattlecan that stuff on?. and then just say it was "professionally" done.. perhaps with collusion? plausible deniability and all that.
My Dad always said "paint hides a world of sin" and he'd always get a lip twitch when at the museum so I know he was right.

I really hope somebody's offended by this. If not then I feel I've wasted a solid 20 minutes of my life that I'll never get back. But if I take another pill maybe I'll forget I wasted those minutes, hhmmmm...
Anything in the classifieds baffle you guys?

Yeah, the part that baffles me is someone must being buying these things. I have had a mild interest in a couple of weapons in the classifieds and in all but one case I could walk into a number of gun shops and buy it brand new for less money. So I guess the thing that bothers me most is I agree with you.

By the way, it sounds like you can well afford the 20 minutes; just an observation.

What irks me is folks that get irked by what a willing seller is advertising his gun/equipment for sale for. If one does not like the price, then do not enter into negotiations ... move along. Faulting someone for trying to get top dollar for his goods strikes me as ... un-American.

I'm still amused when people have an asking price that's higher than new because they overpaid during the panic! I also shake my head when I see .22 ammo at 10 cents around and people think it's a deal! No thanks, when I pull the trigger I don't wanna hear a "pop", I wanna hear BOOM! Real Men shoot REAL guns and sooner or later people figure out that guns are cheap, it's the ammo that's expensive!:cool:

Ok seriously though, I have a 1911 I'd like to get Cerakoted to try the stuff out. Anyone know shops in Vancouver that do this? I looked into it and found Ruhe Group but their website says they aren't taking on any additional work right now.

What REALLY get's me is the overprices item that get's bumped 12 times... I mean really, after 7 days without so much as a nibble to a smart person would tell them that they are a little expensive but nooooooo, let's keep on bumping it! !%^@%$#%*&O
Asking top dollar IS American. Asking New money (or more) for a USED item is Commiefornian!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top