JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll gladly look down my nose at the kind of trash that posts those flyers. And as it just so happens, it IS a very long way down to the ground from my nose. I should know to, because I have to get it all the way down to the ground to pick up the actual trash trashy people leave behind.

I care more about keeping the lanes clean and the board information related to shooting and safety than I care about stopping someones speech, however dumb it may be. I suppose they can flyer to their hearts content, but since it has nothing to do with shooting or safety, it will be taken down by people who care about keeping the lanes clean and safe.

On another personal note, and it could be my upturned nose talking, but I also like lanes like Wolf Creek to be open and welcoming to all who want to enjoy shooting sports.

I have to say I'm disappointed, this Wednesday evening, June 6th, I was up on lane three enjoying this awesome resource, but before that I was standing on the steps of our State capital at noon fighting to protect our second amendment rights. I respectfully suggest to the members above that they should focus the efforts they are expending on debating if a flyer posted on public property is free speech or vandalism into defending our second amendment rights against the likes of IP43 and the gun grabbers behind it, or all that crap you're talking about will be rendered trivial !!!!!!!!

Last Edited:
If I remember correctly if this nazi literature was posted in Germany and they got caught it would be prison/jail time. Funny they learned that nazism is bad why can't others learn? Oh wait it because they are full of hate in many ways and others forget history

@Who The F R U I understand where you are coming from. However please take the conversation to another thread if you are truly concerned about it.

I ask that we stay on topic within this thread.

This threads purpose is to discuss the shooting lanes and to keep tabs on their condition.

This is not public land either. This is state owned property. That does not guarantee you any constitutional rights on this property. You do not have the right to shoot on this property, nor would you have the right to post or vandalise in any means.

Thus far it is legal to shoot on this property due to state law. It is not legal to litter and vandalize.

If you have any further questions on this please PM me and I will get you contact information to the persons that can better assist in understanding these laws.

Temp closures at NF Wolf Creek Lanes

First temporary closure will be Sat, 6-16-18. Lane 4 will be closed first, (9 AM) for about 2 hrs. Then we'll open lane 4 and close lane 3. A couple hours later, lane 2 and finally lane 1. We'll have signs posted a well.

ODF & Trash No Land will be working at each site as we gather the final info we need in preparation for the upcoming improvement work.

We appreciate your patience. We'll try to be quick about it.

Cogs & @Reno911

(I started a new thread just for lane closure notifications because there will be more throughout the summer as we progress on the improvements: Temp closures at NF Wolf Creek Lanes ).

Last Edited:
Saw the signs for the lane closures this morning when I went up to the site.

All 4 lanes looked relatively clean. Packed out a few bits of paper, chewed up 2x4 and shotgun shells.

Had a good time up there, other than a stuck case in one of the ARs, and I had a new shooter with me who had expressed interest in the sport. I gave him some safety instruction, walked him through the manual of arms on 3 firearms and by the end of our time there today I think he got hooked. He wants a Ruger MKIV really, really bad now. :D He's not a bad shot, either, for a beginner.

061418%2002_zps6uirexrv.jpg

061418%2003_zpsjlgalmxj.jpg

Saw the signs for the lane closures this morning when I went up to the site.

All 4 lanes looked relatively clean. Packed out a few bits of paper, chewed up 2x4 and shotgun shells.

Had a good time up there, other than a stuck case in one of the ARs, and I had a new shooter with me who had expressed interest in the sport. I gave him some safety instruction, walked him through the manual of arms on 3 firearms and by the end of our time there today I think he got hooked. He wants a Ruger MKIV really, really bad now. :D He's not a bad shot, either, for a beginner.

View attachment 469349

View attachment 469350
That is such a perfect picture of target shooting done right. Legal/reusable targets, invest in own target stands, placed in front of the berm, tarp to catch casings, heavy duty trash bags and, do I see, fire suppression gear down at the end.

Nice set up, SA! And thanks for the mini-cleanup! That's what it takes... a little here and there by each of use who visit.

ODF & Trash No Land will be working at each site as we gather the final info we need in preparation for the upcoming improvement work.

It was a few weeks ago so you probably already know the earthen berm on lane 3 is pretty worn down.
when I was there last at lane 3 the forward earthen berm has worn down enough taller target stands might still allow rounds to pass over it. Someone had left behind targets staked on top of the berm and all clearly shooting over it obviously (see pic). I didn't use them and removed them when I left plus a bag of trash.

Selection_001.jpg

Ya, that was the whole pint of the pistol berms, not only to provide shorter range opportunities, but to block off all of the visible foliage behind them.

In time this will be repaired and improved upon.

Thanks for the report and clearing out some garbage @Koda

It was a few weeks ago so you probably already know the earthen berm on lane 3 is pretty worn down.
when I was there last at lane 3 the forward earthen berm has worn down enough taller target stands might still allow rounds to pass over it. Someone had left behind targets staked on top of the berm and all clearly shooting over it obviously (see pic). I didn't use them and removed them when I left plus a bag of trash.

View attachment 469739
We're gonna build those back up and put a retaining wall around them. Going to use a ballistics gravel to help retain the bullets in the berm and hold their shape. We've got to keep people off the berms to keep them full and tall. We have a bit of education to do about placing targets in FRONT of the berm, not on top. Especially as we get in to the fire season!

Tomorrow at 9, Lane 4, Koda, if you're available. We're finalizing the fine details of what gets done before we put it out to bid for a contractor/excavator.

Bill

Going to swing by to meet some of you guys
And he did! It was great to meet you, Coyote! Thanks for your help and input on lane 4!

Randy, of ODF and I gathered the info we needed and scribbled a bunch of notes. We also did little mini-cleanups at each lane as we went. Met several people anxious to use the lanes but were patient and polite as they waited for us to do our thing. Thanks all!

Next, we'll organize our notes, do some sketching, compare notes and prep for a request for proposals. We'll post the RFP when we're ready. Most of the physical work should start happening by August and we need to wrap this project up by sometime in October.

Nice day! Accomplished a lot for the good of recreational shooting. Looking forward to these lanes returning to their premo Cadillac status!

If this were my bar, I'd ask you guys to take things outside.

Not my bar though.

Just the guy sitting in the stool next to you guys, wishing you'd just get along.

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top