JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't feel that it's an either-or situation. Putting in a brass box might take a couple hours for a couple of people. A shooting lane might take a team of 2-5 several days, if they have the right equipment. "Why not both?"

elsie

First time poster long time lurker. I've been up to these ranges more then a hand full of times in the past few months. I want to give thanks to all the wonderful people who have helped/help organize and maintain this place! I try and do my part to help keep the lanes clean by always taking at least a bag of trash with me.

On another note i went looking for the 200 yard range that is supposedly past the designated lanes on the main road the other day but I couldn't find it. I did find 2 short shooting spots (40 yards) stopped and filled up a trash bag of paper targets and beer cans. If someone would be willing to PM me the location I would greatly appreciate it! And as always I do my best to keep the area clean for the next guy.

First time poster long time lurker. I've been up to these ranges more then a hand full of times in the past few months. I want to give thanks to all the wonderful people who have helped/help organize and maintain this place! I try and do my part to help keep the lanes clean by always taking at least a bag of trash with me.

On another note i went looking for the 200 yard range that is supposedly past the designated lanes on the main road the other day but I couldn't find it. I did find 2 short shooting spots (40 yards) stopped and filled up a trash bag of paper targets and beer cans. If someone would be willing to PM me the location I would greatly appreciate it! And as always I do my best to keep the area clean for the next guy.

Not the best but it should do.

IMG_0400.PNG IMG_0401.PNG

Messing around in Google, I didn't realize this but it looks like the range is listed. It looks like @bolus maybe put it there?

Either way pretty cool we are on the map.

IMG_0402.PNG

Messing around in Google, I didn't realize this but it looks like the range is listed. It looks like @bolus maybe put it there?

Either way pretty cool we are on the map.

View attachment 380688

I started it and added some photos. Linked it to this thread as well as it's homepage. It should come up if you google search for "range" as well. It would be great if people added photos and reviews over time.

so I zoomed in even more on the spot Reno pointed out for shooting and it looks like more than half of that potential lane is on private land?
CalTopo - Backcountry Mapping Evolved
https://caltopo.com/l/QDH3
note: the map is only a good reference, doesn't mean its exact....

I came to the same conclusion based on the map. I don't feel the need to take the chance to possibly be shooting on private land, I'll just have to keep on enjoying the purpose built lanes.

Never had any issues shooting there. ODF is aware of the spot as well. I'll clarify with them and see what they say.

I understand if those that don't want any problems don't wish to shoot here.

Never had any issues shooting there. ODF is aware of the spot as well. I'll clarify with them and see what they say.

I understand if those that don't want any problems don't wish to shoot here.
So ODF has stated they do not recommend using this site as it is on timber land.

However it may be developed into a future lane in time.

I hope this places some closure on the matter. Any further questions please let me know.

We are currently mapping potential shooting sites in this and other nearby areas. Some of those places are red flagged, (not safe for shooting), and some we've identified as green flag (good to go). We are evaluating locations based on a particular set of criteria that meets with the concerns of fire safety, personal safety, public safety, environmental safety (yeah, we gotta satisfy those enviro concerns), other nearby recreational activities and so forth. They may not get the 'improved upgrades', like the Wolf Creek lanes, any time soon, but at least they will offer alternatives to shoot in reasonably good/safe places.

We're planning a map, that we will all have access to, that identifies the recommended sites, show pics and info on each site. It's a lot of work, but someone has to do it! In fact, we are mapping other forests as well (Yacolt Burn State Forest & Mt Hood Nat Forest). We'll be looking for your input on the sites we've identified (sorry if we list your private place! Don't mean to.) We'll post those maps on www.trashnoland.org when we have them ready for public viewing.

The idea is; If we can direct people to good/safe shooting places, we may be able to help prevent wild fires and improve stewardship in public land shooting. Your support comes into play when it comes to chipping in to help keep these places in good condition and reporting on what you see out there.

We all need to work together to help keep and grow recreational shooting. This is one way we can make a difference.

Thanks all!

Bill

We are currently mapping potential shooting sites in this and other nearby areas. Some of those places are red flagged, (not safe for shooting), and some we've identified as green flag (good to go). We are evaluating locations based on a particular set of criteria that meets with the concerns of fire safety, personal safety, public safety, environmental safety (yeah, we gotta satisfy those enviro concerns), other nearby recreational activities and so forth. They may not get the 'improved upgrades', like the Wolf Creek lanes, any time soon, but at least they will offer alternatives to shoot in reasonably good/safe places.

We're planning a map, that we will all have access to, that identifies the recommended sites, show pics and info on each site. It's a lot of work, but someone has to do it! In fact, we are mapping other forests as well (Yacolt Burn State Forest & Mt Hood Nat Forest). We'll be looking for your input on the sites we've identified (sorry if we list your private place! Don't mean to.) We'll post those maps on www.trashnoland.org when we have them ready for public viewing.

The idea is; If we can direct people to good/safe shooting places, we may be able to help prevent wild fires and improve stewardship in public land shooting. Your support comes into play when it comes to chipping in to help keep these places in good condition and reporting on what you see out there.

We all need to work together to help keep and grow recreational shooting. This is one way we can make a difference.

Thanks all!

Bill

Great for you, I think it's something that's been needed. I understand the fear of giving away the secret spot but sometimes you have to take one for the team. anyone who has been up to North wolf creek lately will notice it's getting a little crowded and this leads to people not wanting to wait for a lane and shooting up the road. Or people hovering over those using the lanes (not a great move guys) not everyone wants to make new friends. Hopefully we can all benefit from some extra room.

Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was there yesterday with my family. It's a great site, and we'll be there again later this summer.

Reloaders take note!
There was much brass on the ground before we even started, and this seems typical for this site.

We left the range much cleaner than we found it, but everyone needs to do the same.

20170805_153014.jpg

Last Edited:
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I was there yesterday with my family. It's a great site, and we'll be there again later this summer.

Reloaders take note!
There was much brass on the ground before we even started, and this seems typical for this site.

We left the range much cleaner than we found it, but everyone needs to do the same.

View attachment 381682
Thank you for picking up not only the brass cased ammo, but the steel cases as well!!!

Was up on lane #4 early Sunday morning around 6am in hopes of beating the heat and ended up with a whole lot of fog instead. Not too bad but kind of eerie. I love the new signage especially the florescent orange fire warning signs. Most time I'm up on lane #4 there is usually fresh evidence of a fire or two, but not this time. A lot of casings of course, but trash also seemed less than usual. I'm excited about some new lanes, but as I understand, it won't be until next summer at the earliest.

DSC_0045-HDR-small.jpg

Was there on Friday with my son and brother. Determined we were going to roast in the sun, so went to a spot ~1.5 miles up the road.
Bryan from Trash No Land stopped by and photographed the lane we were at. We had only picked up a bit of trash.

This is what we finally gathered. Could have gotten more but didn't have room in the car. This is a place I pulled easily 4 bags out of over the past month.

upload_2017-8-7_8-54-7.png

Resource discussions are for general chit-chat. Use the buttons near the top to ask a question or write a review for this resource.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top